Goathead release at 9:50 ET

Doohickie

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Ditto! I tried shoponebuffalo for an order but you now have to contact them before making an order.... and postage to euroland is extortionate.

I've ordered two different jerseys through one buffalo, still waiting on the second one.  The last one took a while because it was the 50th.  But then again, shipping to NC is a much different animal than shipping to Europe, so who knows what you guys will get.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Notice:  Anderson (actually says Comrie in tweet by The Charging Buffalo below) has stylized 39 on his mask.

the lion king disney GIF

I've been one of the most outspoken people against going back to the red and black (since I disagreed with that choice the first time around) but I'm kind of excited to see them now.

j gotta say, I like them better now too. The pants are supremely better (black), vs. the white pajama bottoms they wore the other night (I DO LIKE the White & Blue Goathead Jersey, just needed to go with blue pants and normal socks). OH, also, if you insist on using all white again (please no), need to color the ice light blue so I can see players and still see puck.......that'll be all.

June Allyson 1940S GIF

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Never liked the Black and Red look, and I still don't. 

I am a purist too, but for a few games, I can live with them. Definitely better than the all whites (white and blue jersey good, white pajama pants NO).  I love the blue on blue with the original crest - classic and clean.

My understanding is the only way to get a customized authentic is by going/calling the Sabres arena store.  The ones on shop.nhl.com are either the Fanatics branded, which are slightly different or you can get an authentic but no customization.

The customized authentics from the store are $275.  The authentic from shop.nhl.com is $175 (no customization). The Skinner/Dahlin Fanatics branded is $175 from shop.nhl.com.

Love it.  I'm approaching 50 years old and I started following the Sabres as a little kid, so I grew up with the blue-and-gold, but I love this jersey, love the red and black.  I'm not a 'jersey guy' (only owned a couple in my entire life), but this one just may get on the list to my wife for a present coming up next month.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

My son is getting the Owen power Black goat head jersey and I'm getting Samuelsson, he said he wants to make a tradition out of it so I might be buying season tickets next year, hopefully they'll be a playoff team!

I have a bunch of games for sale this season if you’re interested. Selling at cost. PM me if you want details 👍🏼

Anyone believe in a spiritual prophecy that the white buffalo was destined to take the Sabres to the land where water flows uphill into a silver jug for as long as the great heron fishes, and they blew it by switching to the slug, and now that the white buffalo is back the Sabres should wear it every game if they make the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

Incredible.

I like it!  I find it funny how the same people who HATED these when they wore these back in the day now somehow were dying for them to come back?  I guess maybe because they hated the fact the original jerseys were taken away and now this is only an alternate.

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I like it!  I find it funny how the same people who HATED these when they wore these back in the day now somehow were dying for them to come back?  I guess maybe because they hated the fact the original jerseys were taken away and now this is only an alternate.

I hated it back the day; I think it was a big mistake to go away from the blue and gold.  I also felt like the actual goathead looked kind of bush league, like a WHL logo or something.  The fact that people derisively called it a goathead shows that I'm not alone.  I was not and am not dying for it to come back but I recognize the throwback does energize the fan base and hopefully the team.  I think that the organization has done a good job of reintroducing it to the point where I don't hate it and I'm actually looking forward to seeing the team in those unis. 

Edited by Doohickie
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.