Goathead release at 9:50 ET

Doohickie

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If I were going to buy one (I might but they would have to make the playoffs), I would buy a Biron 00. I watched Marty play and he is still around the team so I feel fine with doing something like that. 

Minor quibble: Marty never wore a goathead with 00.  

57 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Does anyone know if the Fanatics-branded jersey has the same detail on the logo?

I ordered a Dahlin, but will return it & buy from the Sabres store if it doesn't.

I don't think it has the nice stitch detail. Although I bought the butter knife reverse retro fro. Them and the main logo had the nice embossed stitching so who knows!?!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I like it!  I find it funny how the same people who HATED these when they wore these back in the day now somehow were dying for them to come back?  I guess maybe because they hated the fact the original jerseys were taken away and now this is only an alternate.

I am one of those people. But then what I thought was fashionable back then and what I like now has changed so I think it's okay to be more accepting of them now. The fact that this is an alternate only definitely plays into the opinion.  No way in hell should the original ever go away.

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

Does anyone know if the Fanatics-branded jersey has the same detail on the logo?

I ordered a Dahlin, but will return it & buy from the Sabres store if it doesn

Looking at the site and the images it appeared there were some differences in the crest.  But I can't say for certain.  I know the Fanatics are sized S-XXL whereas the authentics are numeric sizing (50,52,54).  I imagine they are cut a bit different.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, LTS said:

I am one of those people. But then what I thought was fashionable back then and what I like now has changed so I think it's okay to be more accepting of them now. The fact that this is an alternate only definitely plays into the opinion.  No way in hell should the original ever go away.

Looking at the site and the images it appeared there were some differences in the crest.  But I can't say for certain.  I know the Fanatics are sized S-XXL whereas the authentics are numeric sizing (50,52,54).  I imagine they are cut a bit different.

Ok, I'm hoping that the images they have online are just low-resolution digital realizations. Will report back.

4 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Minor quibble: Marty never wore a goathead with 00.  

That's good catch. He played 3 games in 95-96 (Before GH), and then not again until 98-99 after the number rules were put in place.

Also, stumbled onto about Kevyn Adams:

"The Maple Leafs center was a fan of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy sci-fi comedy multi-media series in which 42 was said to be the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything."

5 hours ago, MattPie said:

Also, stumbled onto about Kevyn Adams:

"The Maple Leafs center was a fan of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy sci-fi comedy multi-media series in which 42 was said to be the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything."

"What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

Funny thing is that it's a true answer in base 13 numbering system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.