Any interest in Timo Meier

sweetlou

But long term, over the next seven years, would you rather have a 30 goal, 55 point Olofsson who offers nothing else, or

a 30 goal, 65 point Meier who is also a better forechecker and not afraid to be physical.

Career totals-

Olofsson- 27 years old, 200 games, 64 goals(29PP), 73 assists, 137points, (-25),  41 hits.  0 playoff games

or 

Meier- 26 years old, 407 games, 127 goals, (28PP), 145 assists, 272points, (-21), 690 hits, 35 playoff games

I think they are both going to be looking for $8million.  I'll take Meier everyday of the week.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, sweetlou said:

But long term, over the next seven years, would you rather have a 30 goal, 55 point Olofsson who offers nothing else, or

a 30 goal, 65 point Meier who is also a better forechecker and not afraid to be physical.

Career totals-

Olofsson- 27 years old, 200 games, 64 goals(29PP), 73 assists, 137points, (-25),  41 hits.  0 playoff games

or 

Meier- 26 years old, 407 games, 127 goals, (28PP), 145 assists, 272points, (-21), 690 hits, 35 playoff games

I think they are both going to be looking for $8million.  I'll take Meier everyday of the week.

He’s probably going to be replaced sooner rather than later by one of the draft picks.

13 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Career totals-

or 

it might be late.. I might have hit my head... but I wouldn't take either of them for $8M

19 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Career totals-

or 

I always pictured an 8 mil player doing more than what Olof does.

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I always pictured an 8 mil player doing more than what Olof does.

8 mill also used to be the top salary in the league.  Now it’s near $13 mill.  The Sabres are going to need to be careful who they are paying as Dahlin & Power are both going to be significant.  Not to mention Cozens.  

• Like (+1) 2

I like Timo ever since he played his junior hockey here.

That said, I don't think the Sabres are ready to add any pieces yet.

And do you mean to sign in FA or to trade for?  I would consider a FA signing slightly more than a trade for him, but in the end I would do neither.  At least not now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.