GDT: Sabres at lightning 11-5-2022, 7pm WGR MSG

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before the bad luck and losses start piling up.

They'll win Tuesday & will be up for Thursday's game too.  If they have Dahlin & Lyubushkin vs Vegas really like their chances in that one too.  Will have them back on a playoff pace even if they play the normal stinker against the B's.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

On a back-to-back against this team with 26 out, I'll take this. In my best Rob Ray voice, "Good effort tonight. Just got to clean some things up and they'll be fine. They fought hard against a good Tampa team. Whoever sits next to me on the plane ride home will be dealing with some nasty gas I got cooking up."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Why is like every Sabres mom a blonde? That's genetically...unlikely.

Just so you know, I resisted the urge to tell you to use your noggin. Of course the blonde hair on their heads could have come out of a bottle, but if it's that important to everyone here I'll volunteer to look into it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Please hurry

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

I am guessing he’s 2 yrs away. This @ N’eastrn, Roch next year.

Agree with Soundgarden. Levi will need to prove it at the AHL level for a time.  It would be nearly unprecedented to go from college hockey to the NHL immediately. All aboard the Comrie train for at least the end if next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

So they lost again. Against a good team. I'm shocked. I've seen this mess before.

While I agree that teams are judged on wins and losses, the Sabres are 1) still in a developmental phase, and 2) the degree of the loss is relevant. 

Buffalo is losing one goal games to the elite of the league (see FL & sans an empty netter, see TB). That is incremental progress.  

Their record is their record, but I’ll take 7-5 with the eye on improvement rather than winning the Stanley Cup in 2022-23. Even tho I know that’s the goal of every franchise. 

I can’t be the only one to ascertain Buffalo is trending up despite seeing this “mess” before. It’s a process to be elite. Don’t let the mess of the last decade cloud the next steps the team is taking. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

While I agree that teams are judged on wins and losses, the Sabres are 1) still in a developmental phase, and 2) the degree of the loss is relevant. 

Buffalo is losing one goal games to the elite of the league (see FL & sans an empty netter, see TB). That is incremental progress.  

Their record is their record, but I’ll take 7-5 with the eye on improvement rather than winning the Stanley Cup in 2022-23. Even tho I know that’s the goal of every franchise. 

I can’t be the only one to ascertain Buffalo is trending up despite seeing this “mess” before. It’s a process to be elite. Don’t let the mess of the last decade cloud the next steps the team is taking. 

They lost. Again.

• dislike 1

I'm sad they couldn't hold until OT, but this wasn't a bad game. I went to the games against TB in Sweden, and THOSE were terrible games from a terrible team. This is a different team, 2 games above. 500 and playing well in all of them (for the most part) we're down our top player and our top 2 defensemen. We talked about a possible playoff berth this year and I think they are in that convo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

They lost. Again.

Do they not get credit for defeating playoff teams like Calgary & Edmonton on the road? Or is that too far in the rear view mirror for you?

Or are we just railing on the Sabres for losing games on the road to perennial playoff-accomplished teams like Carolina and Tampa?

Did you expect the Sabres to win either game when the schedule came out?

I’m simply saying let’s not overreact to results we probably anticipated to be the case.  And in the micro, did you really expect a win tonight down three of the top four D and a half-healthy Lyubushkin? 

Yes they lost, but how they lost is relevant (close games in a tough stretch).  I’m still bullish on Buffalo instead of lamenting that they always lose to the cream of  the crop. 

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I honestly don’t care if they win the Stanley Cup in the next 10 years or not, I just want to be a few points of eighth place in March one of these years.

I felt that way about the Bills once (just give me a playoff wild card game on the road—after 20 years—and my life would be complete). And here we are with the Bills. That gives me have hope that better day are ahead!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Lol @ your name. Suits you perfectly. 

I'm sorry, did they win the last two nights or not? That's what I thought.

19 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Do they not get credit for defeating playoff teams like Calgary & Edmonton on the road? Or is that too far in the rear view mirror for you?

Or are we just railing on the Sabres for losing games on the road to perennial playoff-accomplished teams like Carolina and Tampa?

Did you expect the Sabres to win either game when the schedule came out?

I’m simply saying let’s not overreact to results we probably anticipated to be the case.  And in the micro, did you really expect a win tonight down three of the top four D and a half-healthy Lyubushkin? 

Yes they lost, but how they lost is relevant (close games in a tough stretch).  I’m still bullish on Buffalo instead of lamenting that they always lose to the cream of  the crop. 

Win or don't. They didn't. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.