GDT: Sabres at lightning 11-5-2022, 7pm WGR MSG

spndnchz

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’ve seen enough of Fitz and Pilut. 

They are on the ice for a lot of goals against, but honestly I think they are more vicitims of bad forward play in front of them.  It might be their overall physical talent (first step, identifying the play, etc) make it less likely for them to recover than others, but most of the recent goals I have watched against the Sabres, it is the forwards that are way out of position.

This last goal, what is Cozens doing? We now have numerous examples of him just being way too over-agressive in the d-zone than he needs to be.  I know a lot of people like his full speed ahead/high effort play, but he frequently goes in way too deep in the D-zone, leaving an eventual goal scorer open in the slot or the center of the blue-line in the area he vacated.  As good as he is, he has to learn to not vacate his position so often in all-out pursuit of the puck when other players are already there.  He has done that a lot this year.

He makes good possesion plays in the offensive zone, is good at getting loose pucks in the neutral zone, but he is frequently out of position in the D-zone.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.