Who is getting the Sabres first 5 minute major this year?

SHAAAUGHT!!!

Who is getting the Sabres first 5 minute major this year?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is getting the Sabres first 5 minute major this year?

• Tage Thompson
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Dylan Cozens
    • Rasmus Dahlin
    • Alex Tuch
    • Casey Fitzgerald
    • Ilya Lyubushkin
    • Zemgus Girgensons
    • Other
    • Jack Quinn (added)

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

know some of the figure skating fans on here will say I'm stuck in the 70s or 80s or whenever but we'd be a better team if this question had already been answered. 

If you think that Olesiak / Zadorov situation you posted in the around the NHL thread was a fight, or an ass-kicking, or anything, you're the figure skating fan...

Edited by Eleven

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

If you think that Olesiak / Zadorov situation you posted in the around the NHL thread was a fight, or an ass-kicking, or anything, you're the figure skating fan...

Was what it was, I just posted it here because I know a number of people here hate Zadorov. 

This one's much better:

https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n265777

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:49 PM, Eleven said:

We don’t need any of that Brad Paisley stuff here.

15 games in and not a single major... I know fighting is being slowly eliminated, but this does say a little something about our team. 

As usual, we are soft. We pass up checks all the time, rarely do we get to the net front and we get pushed around in the D zone. 

I know we have speed/skill/finesse and that's great and all, but there's next to no one on this team that really makes life difficult (Boosh, Samuelsson maybe) 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Quint said:

Cozens and Lyubushkin seem like the only ones willing to fight. My money's on Cozens.

Sticking w/ Comrie.  😉

Though it is rather surprising that we are essentially 20% of the way through the season and there still hasn't been a single major called against them.  This is not your grand daddy's NHL.

Honestly, at this point I'll say Jost. Not because he's got any snarl to his game whatsoever, but because he's the new guy and he'll want to show his dedication to the team by jumping in to someone's defense.

Fighting is mostly gone from the game and I'm mostly fine with that. Its overall usefulness is minimal because of the instigator penalty. And yet, I think this team desperately needs a fight to bring them together and wake them up and shake them from the doldrums. Probably a line brawl, honestly. What they really need is an instigator/rat who keeps them on their edge because they never know when they'll need to answer for his antics. (And no, although Skinner is the closest they have to a rat, he's not one...he's a talker, but he's not nearly dirty enough and he won't ever stick up to anyone who wants to fight him.)

• Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.