GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7:30pm, TNT, WGR, and Inkman's mother-in-law's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

Some thoughts and observations of last night's game:

- I know i am in the minority but i love the white on white. Looks almost too clean. Although i think the blue pants idea would look a tad better. Overall i love the reverse retro.

- We really need our walking (Or not) wounded dmen back!!! Wayyyyy the hell too many odd man breaks. Pitt maybe old, but they have the skill to score more often then not on them. (Unlike us last night!)

- Even though we are down 3 of 4 top dmen, our replacements definitely came to play!!! They throw the body and skate like demons!! Definitely helps this team!

- goals, goals and more goals! Once this team smells blood they have been rolling teams!! When was the last time we had a team that would hem the other team in their own zone for minutes at an end???? 90's??? The more they do, the more confidence it gives them to do it again. Love that the most!

- Comrie is definitely an upgrade to what we have had the last couple of years! He has been a bit snake bitten (I think Power has 2 goals against him) but he stays the course and make great saves when needed! He is much better then his numbers. 

- Still needs to figure out how to deal with the tight checking team. Always been a problem for this team, but seeing slight improvement as the year goes by. Also, was it me or did the Pens look a ton bigger then our team? But the positive is that our boys fight like hell along the boards, size or not!

Love this team!!! I think they are playing a tad above their heads, but damn they are fun to watch and i never feel like they are out of the game. Once our defense gets healthy, it will be even better!!! 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

- I know i am in the minority but i love the white on white. Looks almost too clean. Although i think the blue pants idea would look a tad better. Overall i love the reverse retro.

- We really need our walking (Or not) wounded dmen back!!! Wayyyyy the hell too many odd man breaks. Pitt maybe old, but they have the skill to score more often then not on them. (Unlike us last night!)

- Even though we are down 3 of 4 top dmen, our replacements definitely came to play!!! They throw the body and skate like demons!! Definitely helps this team!

- goals, goals and more goals! Once this team smells blood they have been rolling teams!! When was the last time we had a team that would hem the other team in their own zone for minutes at an end???? 90's??? The more they do, the more confidence it gives them to do it again. Love that the most!

- Comrie is definitely an upgrade to what we have had the last couple of years! He has been a bit snake bitten (I think Power has 2 goals against him) but he stays the course and make great saves when needed! He is much better then his numbers. 

- Still needs to figure out how to deal with the tight checking team. Always been a problem for this team, but seeing slight improvement as the year goes by. Also, was it me or did the Pens look a ton bigger then our team? But the positive is that our boys fight like hell along the boards, size or not!

Love this team!!! I think they are playing a tad above their heads, but damn they are fun to watch and i never feel like they are out of the game. Once our defense gets healthy, it will be even better!!! 

Two of Sabres bigger D out with Mule and Bush... 

Pilut thought competed and skated well... Fitz has some tude... getting better at this level... Bryson mostly unnoticeable... may be a good thing... agree once this team smells blood a pleasure to watch.. Ollie needs better jam in the corners but his shot is still awesome

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

The officials were bad.  It worked both ways.

You got it right that the officials called this game evenly, not benefiting either team. I'll take this kind of consistent officiating in any game. What was allowed for one team was allowed for the other team. Players adjust and the game moves on. What drives me crazy in some games are the inexplicable ticky/tack calls that influence the outcome of some games. This was a game where the officials didn't intrude in the game. 

That’s why I personally hate any on pace for discussion. It’s completely meaningless. 99.9% of the time it doesn’t pan out to be accurate by the time the seasons done. 

VO won’t hit 40 goals, let alone 64

TNT and Tuch won’t hit 40 goals, let alone 56

McDavid won’t hit 50 goals, let alone 80

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

That’s why I personally hate any on pace for discussion. It’s completely meaningless. 99.9% of the time it doesn’t pan out to be accurate by the time the seasons done. 

Of course not, all I was saying is that if the pundits are projecting McDavid like that, it's fair to do the same for those Sabres.

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

VO will get 40 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, but I kind of like the ghost uniforms. When you win, the team looks good.

I absolutely LOVE the all white, so freaking clean and unique. I would also love to see the original Blue logo on that jersey with everything else being white. There is something about the team speed that fits that uni.

• Thanks (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You sure tnt won't hit 40? I wouldn't take that bet. 

10 hours ago, ... said:

I'd like to see more, say, let them be consistent through November, and then I'd be happy to agree fully. This team this year definitely has somewhat similar vibes as that team so far.

Good to see ya sir!

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Tell me if this gets old...

Flash Flashing GIFFlash Flashing GIFFlash Flashing GIFFlash Flashing GIFFlash Flashing GIFFlash Flashing GIF

The cold heart beats again!

This team will do that to ya.  

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I absolutely LOVE the all white, so freaking clean and unique. I would also love to see the original Blue logo on that jersey with everything else being white. There is something about the team speed that fits that uni.

I've said it before regarding the reverse retros: I don't think there are any regular posters here who are being targeted with that alternate uni. In seeing the uniforms, my wife remarked: "The Sabres look like they're wearing PJ's!" (Which was sorta appropriate given that the moms were in attendance.) A few minutes later, my 15 year-old walked through the room and remarked: "Yo - those uniforms are clean."

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

We have the exact same average weight and height as Pittsburgh, 194lbs, 6'1"

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've said it before regarding the reverse retros: I don't think there are any regular posters here who are being targeted with that alternate uni. In seeing the uniforms, my wife remarked: "The Sabres look like they're wearing PJ's!" (Which was sorta appropriate given that the moms were in attendance.) A few minutes later, my 15 year-old walked through the room and remarked: "Yo - those uniforms are clean."

And I'm 52!! I knew I was cool!!!!!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good to see ya sir!

The cold heart beats again!

This team will do that to ya.  

Now now. The flashing light goes back to many GDTs last season. It's my only way of besting Brawndo. The heart still stirs during games though I can't see that many live. It's the rest of the day when Sabres hockey gets me down.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

With the way this team scores ENG's, I am not sure anything is off the table.  They not only get 1 most nights, they sometimes get 2.  NHL leaders by a wide margin.

image.thumb.png.482bd6137845de438cb97ddf5f81c75b.png

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Way, way too early for that.  We’ve got a tougher stretch right in front of us, and we’ll need to sustain this as the intensity ramps up and teams start jockeying for playoff spots.

Well...so far so good...we have played the toughest schedule of the top 7 teams in the NHL so far, measured by Buch.

image.thumb.png.2654ada5ed543cae2ad033cb164bf6d6.png

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.