GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7:30pm, TNT, WGR, and Inkman's mother-in-law's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do you remember the last Sabres team that played with that kind of effort, played for each other, and was able to roll 4 effective lines? The 2005/6 team.  This team really feels much like that team.  

Unsure if they are quite to that team's level of skill but their manner of play and fight certainly is similar.

Great Win!

idk why it took them half a game to start really skating but when they did the Penguins got frustrated and started floundering. As one would expect from an old tired team. If we'd skated like the third for a full 60 we'd have blown them out (even with some of the sloppy D plays and odd man rushes). 

Team clearly coming together as a team, and although imo they didn't hit back enough early on they stood up in the third and didn't let themselves get pushed around. Good to see. 

Krebs looked better tonight imo. Quinn made some poor passes into traffic on the PP that he has to learn not to try as you just lose possession on those almost always. Maybe Power's best game so far. Showing off for mom I guess 🙂

Cozens just keeps getting better and Dahlin is a dominant force. very satisfying result and a very enjoyable second half of the game. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Unis would have been many times better with 2 simple, small changes. A BIT more color on the Jersey (5% more blue than is there) and don't go with white pants.  Those two things and they would have gone from a pretty bad look to maybe actually good.

Yeah, those are better.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 8

48 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do you remember the last Sabres team that played with that kind of effort, played for each other, and was able to roll 4 effective lines? The 2005/6 team.  This team really feels much like that team.  

Actually just said something similar the other day in a post here...I'm not sure they are ready to make the leap to 110 points yet but they have played at a 109 point pace for almost a half season now, at some point we have to stop expecting them to suck.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:
1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

It was probably said upthread, but I’ll say it here: It was fun to see the Sabre moms getting plenty of camera time on TNT.

My only issue with this was personal.
I remarked to myself that I’m now at the age where they’re in my wheelhouse. 
Not the wives or girlfriends. But the moms. That one hit hard. 

They're mostly too young for me.  Let that sink in.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk why it took them half a game to start really skating but when they did the Penguins got frustrated and started floundering. As one would expect from an old tired team. If we'd skated like the third for a full 60 we'd have blown them out (even with some of the sloppy D plays and odd man rushes). 

Team clearly coming together as a team, and although imo they didn't hit back enough early on they stood up in the third and didn't let themselves get pushed around. Good to see. 

Krebs looked better tonight imo. Quinn made some poor passes into traffic on the PP that he has to learn not to try as you just lose possession on those almost always. Maybe Power's best game so far. Showing off for mom I guess 🙂

Cozens just keeps getting better and Dahlin is a dominant force. very satisfying result and a very enjoyable second half of the game. 

^ This is spot on. I totally agree with the skating. This team needs to bring it game in and game out. 

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Yes, this is what I expected.  When I first saw the white pants it was a let down.

Not really a fan of the white pants. Should have been blue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Part of agrees with you and part of me thinks the Sabres were a bit stymied by Pittsburgh in the 1st with extreme pressure. When the Sabres started to adapt in the 2nd they started looking better and in the 3rd when Pittsburgh ran out of juice we ran them over like a Greyhound Bus

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Part of agrees with you and part of me thinks the Sabres were a bit stymied by Pittsburgh in the 1st with extreme pressure. When the Sabres started to adapt in the 2nd they started looking better and in the 3rd when Pittsburgh ran out of juice we ran them over like a Greyhound Bus

They were stymied, but that's only because they chose to play the game with the pens and let the pens set the pace. Sullivan knew they'd be tired so he had them playing a more defensive game and we respected them too much rather than attacking them. 

We have built a speed/skill team. We need to use that to win and make teams react to us, rather than us reacting to them. 

Man! What a game! 

I am a broken record but … What’s not to love about this team?Electrifying to watch! (Yes I know there are areas they need to shore up). Still …

So many players contribute to the team. So much raw talent. 

Dahlin & Power. What’s not to love?  Power is so smooth and huge. So much poise and ease for a 19 year old. Imagine how good this kid will be when he’s 23? That fake slapper. unreal!

Dahlin. Just the best. Been a long time (if ever) since I’ve seen two players with that much potential and talent on the blue line for the Sabres. 

And the fight in these guys to come back from 3-1 in the 3rd after a lightning goal against them? 

Gotta admit, while at first I was pissed at that goal by the Pens, after watching the replay, that was a thing of beauty. Letang’s pass was incredible. Perfection. 

That Girgensons skate down the ice. Glorious watching the replay from the end ice angle.  Insane hustle! That’s leadership right there. 

And when they get Samuelsson and Jokiharju back? 

The one negative is the fan attendance. Buffalo can pack 80k into a stadium. We gotta get more fans to the games.  (I know it’s easy to say not living there. But I’d be saving my pennies and going to as many games as possible if I did. 

So impressive. I can’t wait to watch every game. I know they will lose some as they hit some stronger teams on the schedule.  

This team reminds me of the Sabres in the early-mid 70s in terms of so many young, talented players. Uber offensive talent in the French Connection of course. But lots of other great young players. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.