GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7:30pm, TNT, WGR, and Inkman's mother-in-law's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

My only issue with this was personal.
I remarked to myself that I’m now at the age where they’re in my wheelhouse. 
Not the wives or girlfriends. But the moms. That one hit hard. 

Porous Five Hole: MILF Hunter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This team is something else...and something I really freaking like.

Do you remember the last Sabres team that played with that kind of effort, played for each other, and was able to roll 4 effective lines? The 2005/6 team.  This team really feels much like that team.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

My only issue with this was personal.
I remarked to myself that I’m now at the age where they’re in my wheelhouse. 
Not the wives or girlfriends. But the moms. That one hit hard. 

Aw, man. Embrace it.

A couple years ago, one of the Sabres young turks was running around with a girl in my kid’s HS graduating class. That gave me some serious perspective.

Those moms are much more my speed now.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do you remember the last Sabres team that played with that kind of effort, played for each other, and was able to roll 4 effective lines? The 2005/6 team.  This team really feels much like that team.  

I'd like to see more, say, let them be consistent through November, and then I'd be happy to agree fully. This team this year definitely has somewhat similar vibes as that team so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Girgs racing to get to the puck and battle to keep it on the boards at the end of the game was an inspiring play that symbolized how much heart this team has compared to previous teams. More than any play in this game it got me stoked up! 

And the reaction of his teammates upon his arrival at the bench was fantastic. These guys are tight.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I like this team immensely better 

• Like (+1) 2

Coming from behind for a win never gets old.

Love the veteran moves by Okposo and Girgensons (inspiring the younger players and providing valuable lessons of how to play).  

It was said many times at the beginning of the thread but the uniforms are bad.  It was distracting to watch the play at times with the white.  Next.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Digger said:

Love the veteran moves by Okposo and Girgensons (inspiring the younger players and providing valuable lessons of how to play).  

It was said many times at the beginning of the thread but the uniforms are bad.  It was distracting to watch the play at times with the white.  Next.

Agreed. To much white. I think a time or two I lost a player in the ice.

2 minutes ago, Digger said:

Unis would have been many times better with 2 simple, small changes. A BIT more color on the Jersey (5% more blue than is there) and don't go with white pants.  Those two things and they would have gone from a pretty bad look to maybe actually good.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.