Gaustad

apushms

As a lifelong Sabres fan, I was so happy to see them back and playing the hustling, scrappy style that, unfortunately, has not always been the hallmark of Lindy Ruff-coached teams. I really enjoy watching Paul Gaustad - a lad that you know is "busting it" every time he takes the ice. That is why so many Sabres fans remember the "Nolan years" with such fondness. You knew when you plunked down your hard-earned cash, that his teams would show up and give their all. They often lost that first year, but no one in the league wanted to face them or come into the building to play them. That attitude (call it the Boughner effect) set the foundation for the playoff and cup teams to come.

So, after flipping on the game with the Islanders, I was pretty excited to see an instigating, hard checking, in your face attitude brought by the Sabres, especially Gaustad. This team has talent and they have speed to burn, but that attitude and desire has to be ever-present to make a playoff run.

It is good to have you here Gaustad - keep up the effort. GO SABRES!

I was a huge fan of Gaustad when he was down here in Rochester last year because of his effort. He may not have the deftest hands, but he is a big guy that will scrap around in the slot and skate hard for you.

It was too bad that he wound up with a -3 +/- on Wed night, though.

Archived