GDT: Canadiens @ Sabres, 7pm 10/27/22, msg wgr

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Guess it's a good thing he got locked up for 7 more years when he did.

You are absolutely right. The GM recognized the talent and ended you with (we expect) a good value contract.  

One of the most appealing traits about Samuelsson is his hockey intelligence. His positioning and decision-making are already at the level of a good veteran defenseman. Because of his already mature and understated game (not an ostentatious banger) he can be undervalued until he is not on the ice. And then you notice the difference. Can you imagine what kind of player Risto would be if he had Samuelsson's smarts? 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I thought Quinn had his best game as a Sabre. Drew penalties, had some chances, got an assist on a great pass. His backchecking was pretty good all night. Hope he builds on that. 

you and Quinn need to get a room 🙂

Just kidding, and I can see that yes, that might have been his best game, but it still wasn't a good game. We have a thin roster and neither of Krebs or Quinn is helping us win. 

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Fix the PP & they do win this one, likely going away as the Habs took a lot of dumb penalties.

PK looked good, the 1 time they had to go to it in the final 40.

Habs PK was top 7 in the league (surprising), so the Sabres didn't show too poorly. They potted one goal.  I agree with overall assessment of zone entry.  No disputing that.  

And their PP is the abysmal.  Maybe 1 goal all season?  I think on the BJ's are worst with nil.  So my caveat is the Sabres looked good without two key performers (Mule and Rasmus II) against a bad unit.  

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

Habs PK was top 7 in the league (surprising), so the Sabres didn't show too poorly. They potted one goal.  I agree with overall assessment of zone entry.  No disputing that.  

And their PP is the abysmal.  Maybe 1 goal all season?  I think on the BJ's are worst with nil.  So my caveat is the Sabres looked good without two key performers (Mule and Rasmus II) against a bad unit.  

They did pot 1 PP goal, but it was coming off the rush after the Sabres regained the puck after the initial faceoff of the 2nd.  It was more a standard 5v5 goal from last year for the Thompson line than a PP.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Good puck luck?

Wouldn't good puck luck see more than 1 goal every 22 shots? 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

They did pot 1 PP goal, but it was coming off the rush after the Sabres regained the puck after the initial faceoff of the 2nd.  It was more a standard 5v5 goal from last year for the Thompson line than a PP.

Wouldn't good puck luck see more than 1 goal every 22 shots? 

It was luck that they even got a shot off, let alone one that would go in.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.