Tage Thompson- Champion of Justice, Doer of Good, Enemy of Evil, Nurturer of Sick Puppies

JoeSchmoe

On 10/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, Buffalonill said:

Everyone acts like its ok ..

Its not he has been horrible looking like another matt moulson contract 

Insert foot into mouth.

It's OK to not dramatically overreact to the first 5 or 6 games of the year ya know. Not everyone is going to be in midseason form from game 1. 

You can really tell who actually played sports and who didn't on this board 

Foot In Mouth GIF

Edited by matter2003

9 hours ago, inkman said:

That is nauseating 😀

What’s worse is that’s gotta be someone else’s foot she’s putting in her mouth.  

There did seem to be something funky with Tage in the first couple games.  He seemed slower and not as strong on the puck.  But whatever was bothering him isn’t anymore. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

There did seem to be something funky with Tage in the first couple games.  He seemed slower and not as strong on the puck.  But whatever was bothering him isn’t anymore. 

He talked about it in his post game interview. I wasn't exactly listening at full attention, but he said something about him improving by not always stick handling to try to get the perfect shot off, but just getting shots through, and hoping for rebounds. I'm not sure if that was accounted for the huge game last night, but I did find that mentality is what helped him break out last year.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Timing & chemistry.  I really feel that's all it was.  When to jump up, when to defend, how to know when Skinner is about to pass the puck and to where.  Having faith that (now) Okposo has his back if they go in deep.

Granato said in the last two post game interviews that off-season workouts, training camp and preseason can't recreate the tension of playing real regular season games.  It's about working with linemates, about (re)developing a feel for the game.  As much as Granato would have liked, he knew the team couldn't simply just pick up where they left off.  About 10% of the season is behind us and the players are finding that mojo and more of them will be lighting up I think.  We will be really good.  But also remember all the other teams are going through the process and they could be really good too.  But still, I like what I see.

Also, remember that for players like Clague, Pilut, even Fitzgerald.  They haven't played with the Sabres as much; they're still developing that timing too.  And when Joki and Muel return they might not be fully up to speed for a game or two, even if injury isn't affecting their play.

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm not sure if that was accounted for the huge game last night

Tage addressed that too:  "Sometimes they just all go in."

42 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:
10 hours ago, inkman said:

That is nauseating 😀

I'm a little shocked to be honest that no foot fetishists are popping out of the woodwork.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, Buffalonill said:

Everyone acts like its ok ..

Its not he has been horrible looking like another matt moulson contract 

It is OK. Its so damn OK it's down right passable, it is totally up to snuff, it is just completely unobjectable, and very tolerable.

Dare I say delightful

Edited by ddaryl

I just overheard this at the coffee machine, and it's a fun bit of trivia. Maybe I can even get @PASabreFan to play.

Thompson's 6-point game is one of - what is now - ten such games in franchise history. (The record is a 7-point game - done once.)

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, can you name the other five players (excluding Thompson) who've had a 6-point game as a Sabre?

(Including the 7-point game would not change the number of players to be identified in response to the question.)

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I just overheard this at the coffee machine, and it's a fun bit of trivia. Maybe I can even get @PASabreFan to play.

Thompson's 6-point game is one of - what is now - ten such games in franchise history. (The record is a 7-point game - done once.)

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, can you name the other five players (excluding Thompson) who've had a 6-point game as a Sabre?

(Including the 7-point game would not change the number of players to be identified in response to the question.)

Duffer told us last night. I won't cheat.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Gilbert, Gare, Tucker?, LaFontaine, Mogilney, Andreychyuk...That's 6,but all total guesses 

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Gilbert, Gare, Tucker?, LaFontaine, Mogilney, Andreychyuk...That's 6,but all total guesses 

That's 3 of the 5. Good stuff.

The other 2 surprised me. I would never have guessed them. Anyone guessing them correctly without help would need a very specific memory of having seen it happen or having previously read/heard about it having happened.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The other 2 surprised me. I would never have guessed them. Anyone guessing them correctly without help would need a very specific memory of having seen it happen or having previously read/heard about it having happened.

I looked it up and I can say I would of never guessed it

It was Perreault with the 7 point game....

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Randy Wyrozub and Paul Cyr.

• Haha (+1) 1