Tage Thompson- Champion of Justice, Doer of Good, Enemy of Evil, Nurturer of Sick Puppies

JoeSchmoe

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd agree with that. Skinner is just running around all over the place and coughing up pucks at his worst. Maybe Granato tells him to just run free but he doesn't seem to understand team structure at all. Okposo plays like a player well past his prime. Still say the C was a mistake. At this rate he will have no trade deadline value either. 

Thompson imo is playing passive, a little lazy, and just kind of floating around too much. Lacks drive and aggressiveness which is kind of what the problem was 2 years ago. At this point, the one season reward contract is not looking like good value. This might still change. But he does need to step it up. 

Skinner has played pretty poorly in my eyes.  He's getting PP time too, and just doesn't offer much at the moment.  He's not getting to the net for rebounds, not forechecking effectively, not backchecking, and not shooting well.  I'm not saying send him to the press box, but he needs to figure it out. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, freester said:

I think Okposo needs to be removed from the power play. He seems to have lost a step. 

I think he's just there for a net front presence though.  Buffalo's issues on PP have beenon the walls and zone entries.  

Move skinner off, move olofsson up, maybe give JJP some time with one group.  Shake it up a bit.  

15 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

So far tonight he has had a lot of good chances, feels like he's ready to break through

I thought he got better as the game went on too. He seemed to be engaged and making plays and the like. I think with a little more of this type of game he will be right back to that pace we saw him on. 

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Everyone acts like its ok ..

Its not he has been horrible looking like another matt moulson contract 

Matty Mo got old and slower than slow. He went to the AHL at one point and produced. He just couldn’t keep up with the speed of the NHL - that isn’t going to happen to Tage. 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, JoeSchmoe said:

He's looked awful so far.

In his younger years when a lot of people were down on him, I still saw some potential there. He'd show glimpses of his talent, but hadn't quite put it all together... Like he had Bambi legs.

Now, other than his one goal, I see nothing. He's only had 2 or 3 times this year (other than PP) where I can recall where he's got his shot off... which is his best weapon.  Last year you'd see 2 or 3 of those a game. Battle wise, he looks weak.

What gives? 

So how's this take looking less than a week later? 🥸

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to Tage Thompson- Champion of Justice, Doer of Good, Enemy of Evil
On 10/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, Buffalonill said:

Everyone acts like its ok ..

Its not he has been horrible looking like another matt moulson contract 

Because you don't use punctuation or upper case letters, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

It's awful.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Because you don't use punctuation or upper case letters, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

It's awful.

I read it like:

"It is not. He has been horrible, looking like another matt moulson contract."

BUT,  I could be wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

1 game doesn't make a season 

You compared Tage Thompson to Matt Moulson.

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to Tage Thompson- Champion of Justice, Doer of Good, Enemy of Evil, Nurturer of Sick Puppies