GDT:Sabres at Seattle 10/25/22 10pm, MSG, Root WGR550

Brawndo

Team we got schooled by last year, twice, so definitely a measuring stick.

Not overly worried about Pilut/Fitzy as a 3rd pair against this particular lineup.

Hope we can say the same about Bryson and Boosh in the top 4.

Kinda expecting Tage and Skinner to break out a bit. Tage is certainly looking the part the past 2 games.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Will Borgen revenge game.  He’s played every game for them averaging around 15 minutes a game.  Still wish he was a Sabre. He’s exactly what they need. 

Overrated player by some Sabres fans here.  The legend of Borgen is bigger than anything he ever did on the ice. 

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Borgen Is a healthy Samuelson?😜

Adams didn’t think so.  Skill wise Borgen is more comparable to Fitz than to Samuelson. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

Last time here in Seattle, it was obvious how much Olofsson's absence meant to the entire team. And no Tuch yet, although the Eichel trade happened the same day. When they rematched in Buffalo a few weeks later, Anderson was already hurt and the wheels were not just off but rolling down the hillside.

The Kraken has never played the March '22-and-beyond Buffalo Sabres. Tonight is going to be fun. Just stay on target, stay on target. The Sabres can rest on Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Overrated player by some Sabres fans here.  The legend of Borgen is bigger than anything he ever did on the ice. 

Adams didn’t think so.  Skill wise Borgen is more comparable to Fitz than to Samuelson. 

Fair enough, but if KA could've given the Kraken, say, a 4th-rounder for them to take Bjork instead of Borgen, wouldn't that have been worth it? 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Except Will is a man that imposes his will on players.  Fitz is an AHL defenseman who has the attitude that fans want but he’s too small to really make other teams notice. 

53 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I just want someone that hits and fights. 

dinosaur GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Don’t have a good feeling about tonight…

SEA 6
BUF 2

I do. 

SEA 2

BUF 6

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Fair enough, but if KA could've given the Kraken, say, a 4th-rounder for them to take Bjork instead of Borgen, wouldn't that have been worth it? 

Should’ve exposed Ulmark. Problem solved. KA lives and learns. 

4 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I do. 

SEA 2

BUF 6

he should have re-signed Ullmark long before things went the way they did.  That said, I agree with you there was no reason to protect an UFA goalie just to keep a very short exclusive negotiating period. It was unlikely Sea would have picked and signed him because his agents would have told them he wanted to go to a playoff team.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Except Will is a man that imposes his will on players.  Fitz is an AHL defenseman who has the attitude that fans want but he’s too small to really make other teams notice. 

Is he? If he's so imposing how come he's not better?

21 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I do. 

SEA 2

BUF 6

Google the expansion rules. Problem not solved. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I honestly don’t care how good he is. I just need someone that can handle rough stuff. Teams, like the Bruins, are going to try to intimidate our fleet of young players.  I know Cozens has stepped up and Dahlin doesn’t appear to be taking ***** from anyone, but I don’t really want either of those guys getting involved with other teams meatheads. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I honestly don’t care how good he is. I just need someone that can handle rough stuff. Teams, like the Bruins, are going to try to intimidate our fleet of young players.  I know Cozens has stepped up and Dahlin doesn’t appear to be taking ***** from anyone, but I don’t really want either of those guys getting involved with other teams meatheads. 

Borgen's are a dime a dozen. 

And the bold, is exactly the problem. 

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Can Boosh stand up for the boys? Me thinks so, along w Cozzie, Dahls, Tuchie, even Thompson threw down a while back. I think this is an all out TEAM and one of them will stand up for any other, no hesitation (unlike when Miller run by that POS in Calgary now).

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Google the expansion rules. Problem not solved. 

What’s the problem? Teams were allowed to expose incoming FAs and we could’ve protected Toker as our lone goalie. Whether they would’ve taken the decoy (Ulmark) over someone else is unknown. 

I'm a bigger Borgen fan than many and would've loved to see the Sabres throw JBott a 6 to take Bjork, but tonight I'm much more worried about having Bryson and Pilut get driven to the net than having anyone hit or fight or mix things up. Boushh and Fitz can help them out, but swapping out Muel and his ability to box out and throw people around for Pilut who has to play a nifty, quick game is the thing to keep an eye on. Gotta keep Comrie clean.

(Or just outscore them by 4.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm a bigger Borgen fan than many and would've loved to see the Sabres throw JBott a 6 to take Bjork, but tonight I'm much more worried about having Bryson and Pilut get driven to the net than having anyone hit or fight or mix things up. Boushh and Fitz can help them out, but swapping out Muel and his ability to box out and throw people around for Pilut who has to play a nifty, quick game is the thing to keep an eye on. Gotta keep Comrie clean.

(Or just outscore them by 4.)

Muel will be missed.

The new guys will give max effort, hoping that's enough. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.