Kevyn Adams Updates Samuelsson and Jokiharju’s Injury Timelines

Brawndo

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Joker you know what you have to do.😀

49385771-1ACA-4D97-89CE-41943170C070.jpeg

I get your point. I do not disagree. But after listening to After The Whistle podcast for a while and how they ponder if it was worth it to play through injuries in multiple occasions (especially Rivet)…I wonder if players today feel compelled to take risks like the above used to?

There are just so many examples of how the NHL is a machine that churns out a mentality of ‘just play through it.’ And a lot of former players in hindsight would probably say no to that. 
It’s a business after all and if it can just as easily be a business decision for a player to say “no, my face is effed up and I’m not going to do that.”

I wouldn’t blame them at all.

I’m not directing any of this at you or your take…just pondering that I might not strap on a face shield if I’m a player who is already a multi-millionaire and would be taking chances with my flippin face.  There’s no asterisk or prize from my playing career if I took 10 games to come back from a facial injury versus 20 games. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I wonder if the delay is you can't get an MRI in Canada unless you wait months on end. Should have sent him directly to Seattle.

Doubtful, NHL Teams have agreements with various medical providers, including imaging centers. This allows for the team to get medical care for the players done at a much faster rate, usually within 24 hours. The same courtesy is applied to visiting team. 

Given the fact that two people have reported a timeline for His Possible Return,  it sounds like the MRI is complete. 

Samuelsson may have a repeat MRI His Knee later this week in Buffalo. 

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Doubtful, NHL Teams have agreements with various medical providers, including imaging centers. This allows for the team to get medical care for the players done at a much faster rate, usually within 24 hours. The same courtesy is applied to visiting team. 

Given the fact that two people have reported a timeline for His Possible Return,  it sounds like the MRI is complete. 

Samuelsson may have a repeat MRI His Knee later this week in Buffalo. 

There are no imaging centers allowed here in Ontario. Not sure about BC but I suspect it would be the same. The government doesn't allow pay to play diagnostics such as this to create the illusion that the size of your wallet shouldn't get you better care than the poor (or anyone else in society). They call it two tier healthcare.

The reality is the level of care is poor across the board and allowing people to pay to get to the front of the line would most likely provide the necessary funding to improve the "free" system.

If you do want an MRI fast, you do have the option to cross the border and pay for one out of pocket. 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I get your point. I do not disagree. But after listening to After The Whistle podcast for a while and how they ponder if it was worth it to play through injuries in multiple occasions (especially Rivet)…I wonder if players today feel compelled to take risks like the above used to?

There are just so many examples of how the NHL is a machine that churns out a mentality of ‘just play through it.’ And a lot of former players in hindsight would probably say no to that. 
It’s a business after all and if it can just as easily be a business decision for a player to say “no, my face is effed up and I’m not going to do that.”

I wouldn’t blame them at all.

I’m not directing any of this at you or your take…just pondering that I might not strap on a face shield if I’m a player who is already a multi-millionaire and would be taking chances with my flippin face.  There’s no asterisk or prize from my playing career if I took 10 games to come back from a facial injury versus 20 games. 

I was just joking around. We don’t even know the exact injury yet but I’m sure he will be out until he is healthy.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

There are no imaging centers allowed here in Ontario. Not sure about BC but I suspect it would be the same. The government doesn't allow pay to play diagnostics such as this to create the illusion that the size of your wallet shouldn't get you better care than the poor (or anyone else in society). They call it two tier healthcare.

The reality is the level of care is poor across the board and allowing people to pay to get to the front of the line would most likely provide the necessary funding to improve the "free" system.

If you do want an MRI fast, you do have the option to cross the border and pay for one out of pocket. 

Private MRIs are available in B.C.

I would be stunned if the Leafs and Senators do not have access to quick MRIs

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

It could be as easy as wanting to give the inflammation a chance to subside before having the MRI.  

Also the Sabres Team Docs do not travel with the team. Perhaps the MRI is done, but they want the Team’s Orthopedic Surgeon to do a physical exam on Him to make the final determination about how long Samuelsson is out 

I imagine both the exam and the MRI will happen Wednesday Afternoon 

Actually inflammation is the issue.  MRIs are based on the polarization of Hydrogen.  Guess what is in inflammation (H2O). Lots of H making a clear MRI difficult until swelling goes down.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

If someone is having serious jaw work done it's difficult to consume the type of diet conducive to playing the high paced and physical NHL game. He's probably eating through a straw right now. Not to mention the amount your face moves without you really noticing when doing something physical, not to mention while sustaining physical contact..I'd imagine the pain would be extreme. All someone in this case needs to do is look at the video, and imagine that happening to themselves, to know how long that would hurt for. 

I was being sarcastic...yeah I don't think playing would be a good idea at this point, especially with the contact the players get on ice

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

DeDominicis is just using google and guessing the guy has zero sources can people stop posting his crap 

It must suck to wake up every day with your crappy attitude. I am assuming that extends to all areas of your life not just on this board.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Jays, Argos, and the soccer team too.  Maybe they all chip in and lease a machine?

Raptors too.

I believe there is one in the basement of Sky Dome and one inside Ballard's bunker in MLG.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...

11 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Private MRIs are available in B.C.

I would be stunned if the Leafs and Senators do not have access to quick MRIs

I used to work with One of the Sabres Doctors and still do the Medical Portion of NHL Combine Every Team including the Canadian Ones have almost immediate access to medical care including imaging.  There are reciprocal agreements in effect for the visiting teams. I was working when One of the Ottawa Players came in for an evaluation back in 2007 with a Team Trainer to be seen by the Sabres Doc 

Since He has a Diagnosis I imagine the MRI and an evaluation by the Canucks Orthopedic Doctor was completed on Sunday. When they get back to Buffalo, He will be seen by the Sabres Orthopedic Doctor Wednesday or Thursday and possibly have another MRI as the inflammation will be reduced further. Then an official timeline should be released. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

DeDominicis is just using google and guessing the guy has zero sources can people stop posting his crap 

This is a common response anytime DeDominicis is mentioned as a source and it has been proven countless times to be false.

Chad has broken the EROD to Pittsburgh Trade for Kachin.

He was the First to mention that Adams and Karmanos were pitching a Top Level Analytics Department to the Pegulas on a Trip to Boca Raton. Sam Ventura was hired about two months later. 

He was the First to report the Krueger Firing, the night before it happened. 

He also broke Tage’s Extension prior to anyone else. 

For the Latter Two, multiple Sabres Reporters gave Him Credit and WGR gave Him Credit on On Air for Both. 

His sources sound pretty legit to Me 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Let's take it down a notch on the hostility please.

I tend to agree with the poster. It's incessant negativity almost to the point to try and stir the pot. If it's not just done on here and has woven its way into the day to day of the person in question I would be concerned for them as well.  It's just not healthy to be that negative. If all of this stuff bothers someone so much they really do need to get away from it and find something that drives positivity and value in life.

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

You are missing the point... you cant do a diagnostic MRI until the swelling goes down.

It's not as sensitive, but it is still very diagnostic in the acute phase, if there's a complete tear, it's going to be seen right away.

X rays have a much more false negative in the setting of occult bone fracture than mri does doe complete ligament tear. 

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I was being sarcastic...yeah I don't think playing would be a good idea at this point, especially with the contact the players get on ice

It must suck to wake up every day with your crappy attitude. I am assuming that extends to all areas of your life not just on this board.

It happens when you have a wife

• Vomit 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is a common response anytime DeDominicis is mentioned as a source and it has been proven countless times to be false.

Chad has broken the EROD to Pittsburgh Trade for Kachin.

He was the First to mention that Adams and Karmanos were pitching a Top Level Analytics Department to the Pegulas on a Trip to Boca Raton. Sam Ventura was hired about two months later. 

He was the First to report the Krueger Firing, the night before it happened. 

He also broke Tage’s Extension prior to anyone else. 

For the Latter Two, multiple Sabres Reporters gave Him Credit and WGR gave Him Credit on On Air for Both. 

His sources sound pretty legit to Me 

Or he took it from other people look at the time 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.