Kevyn Adams Updates Samuelsson and Jokiharju’s Injury Timelines

Brawndo

On 10/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, Doohickie said:

I'm reminded of a similar injury to Skinner some years ago.  He looked to be done for the season but was back the next game.

That said, I think Muel may need some time off; all injuries are different.

And proceeded to be a shell of himself in production for about 2 years. 

Hope it's not like that at all 

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And proceeded to be a shell of himself in production for about 2 years. 

Hope it's not like that at all 

True.  The good news is Skinner is effective because of his skating and playing a skilled fast game.

Maybe silver lining is Mule is not known for his speed at all but more using his size, strength and positioning to be an effective player. 

Let's hope we can get him back sooner than later with no long-term impacts. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Derrico said:

True.  The good news is Skinner is effective because of his skating and playing a skilled fast game.

Maybe silver lining is Mule is not known for his speed at all but more using his size, strength and positioning to be an effective player. 

Let's hope we can get him back sooner than later with no long-term impacts. 

He's also way younger when it's way easier to heal up proficiently 

• Agree 3

Just now, nfreeman said:

That doesn't sound good.  I'm sure there are MRIs in Seattle.

It could be as easy as wanting to give the inflammation a chance to subside before having the MRI.  

Also the Sabres Team Docs do not travel with the team. Perhaps the MRI is done, but they want the Team’s Orthopedic Surgeon to do a physical exam on Him to make the final determination about how long Samuelsson is out 

I imagine both the exam and the MRI will happen Wednesday Afternoon 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Per Chad DeDominicis Samuelsson Injury Timeline is About a Month
24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean, put a shield on and lace up the skates. What's the issue?? 🤔

If someone is having serious jaw work done it's difficult to consume the type of diet conducive to playing the high paced and physical NHL game. He's probably eating through a straw right now. Not to mention the amount your face moves without you really noticing when doing something physical, not to mention while sustaining physical contact..I'd imagine the pain would be extreme. All someone in this case needs to do is look at the video, and imagine that happening to themselves, to know how long that would hurt for. 

Edited by Thorny

As to Mule, him being out a month is bad, but considering the way the injury looked he, the team and the fans, should be very relieved that he is only out a month.  He's had pretty rotten luck on the injury front the last two seasons.

As to Joki, hope he take his time and allows those bones to heal and set properly.   

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As to Mule, him being out a month is bad, but considering the way the injury looked he, the team and the fans, should be very relieved that he is only out a month.  He's had pretty rotten luck on the injury front the last two seasons.

As to Joki, hope he take his time and allows those bones to heal and set properly.   

Quoting you because you mentioned Joki.  I’m generally high on Joki as a top four D.  I don’t think he’s replacement level. But we will find out soon enough if there’s a dip while he’s out of the lineup. I’m guessing missing both will be noticeable. Mule missing weeks instead of months is a huge relief.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.