GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I want Dahlin to be just 100% superior to Hughes in this game. 

Partially because Pronmans redraft rubbed me the wrong way. 

I don't know.  He still thinks highly of Dahlin.  I don't think it is ridiculous to suggest that in an actual 2018 redraft Dahlin would not go #1 and could fall as far as #4. 

Also, he improved Samuelsson's ranking to #13 and basically acknowledges he was wrong on that one.    

17 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I don't know.  He still thinks highly of Dahlin.  I don't think it is ridiculous to suggest that in an actual 2018 redraft Dahlin would not go #1 and could fall as far as #4. 

Also, he improved Samuelsson's ranking to #13 and basically acknowledges he was wrong on that one.    

It just doesn’t matter. Dahls & Muel where we want them. Just click bait content …

200.gif

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

How the hell is Vancouver favored in this game?

Regardless of a 2-week sample, the Sabres are probably not better than the Canucks.

Vancouver should be properly motivated, and playing in their home opener.

Buffalo is young this year and likely to have a lot of ups and downs.

The bounces that are so common in the NHL are due to go in the other direction for each team.

Hopefully the Canucks are fragile enough and the Sabres resilient enough to overcome that, but there are enough factors to  favour the Canucks and justify this, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Regardless of a 2-week sample, the Sabres are probably not better than the Canucks.

The bounces that are so common in the NHL are due to go in the other direction for each team.

Hopefully the Canucks are fragile enough and the Sabres resilient enough to overcome that, but there are enough factors to  favour the Canucks and justify this, IMO.

Being “due” cannot be a thing. Not that it’s not coming, but it certainly can’t be predicted based on dueness. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Being “due” cannot be a thing. Not that it’s not coming, but it certainly can’t be predicted based on dueness. 

Other than you know it’s coming, it’s just a matter of when.

Look, I know you’re right if you break it down to physics.

Doesn’t change the fact that the Sabres (and many other mediocre teams) tend to lose in this scenario.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

No team ever plays 60 minutes of awesome hockey. This is one of the  silliest things you hear on a regular basis.

Bro, where’s the trigger warning.

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

Isn’t that what the law of averages would dictate though? (Predictive not determinative.)

• Like (+1) 1

I ventured over to a Canucks message board to get a flavour for the team’s struggles. Some interesting stuff there.

Mostly, though, I lol’d at the fact that someone posts there as “Blob McKenzie.”

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12566&sid=e2bfd03d8f65a4817c3db42f260a7e54&start=15

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I ventured over to a Canucks message board to get a flavour for the team’s struggles. Some interesting stuff there.

Mostly, though, I lol’d at the fact that someone posts there as “Blob McKenzie.”

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12566&sid=e2bfd03d8f65a4817c3db42f260a7e54&start=15

I don’t feel like reading their board, is their any chatter about tanking for Bedard yet?

Edited by French Collection

37 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bro, where’s the trigger warning.

Isn’t that what the law of averages would dictate though? (Predictive not determinative.)

It sounds like you’re disagreeing with me, but I don’t think you are. 

Saying that Vancouver will win tonight is determinative (tonight js the night they will win) because they are “due” (not actually a thing - gambler’s fallacy). 

32 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Don Lever guy's avatar is catching.  So, checked out a few of his posts.  Funny guy w/ his "Bad Miller" Godzilla parody.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, bg17 said:

NICE HAT!!

VO looks like he’s wearing the Jimmy sneakers from Seinfeld. 

As to the game tonight, I think the key for the Sabres is getting up early making the Canucks grip the sticks a little tighter as they start pressing to appease the increasingly hostile home crowd. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Home opener, first game at home after a 5-game road trip...  Vancouver is going to try to win the game in the first 10 minutes. If the Sabres can weather that storm (maybe even get a transition counterattack goal midway through the first...  then start to take the game over in the 2nd where they've played so well...  they could run away with this one. That's best case scenario.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Why? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.