GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I freaking love the HNIC song.  

Yeah, that and the Canadian national anthem almost makes me want to move to Da Great White Nort

2 hours ago, SDS said:

How the hell is Vancouver favored in this game?

I love it.  Embrace the underdog role.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Isn’t that what the law of averages would dictate though? (Predictive not determinative.)

Nope.  That's a fallacy.  If you flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads each time, is it any more likely that tails is "due"?  Of course not.  If anything, there is a reason why heads is favored (like maybe it's a two-headed coin) and if anything, the trend is likely to continue. 

Or in this case (the way I look at it) the records of the teams to date are indicative of the teams they are.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, that and the Canadian national anthem almost makes me want to move to Da Great White Nort

I love it.  Embrace the underdog role.

Lots of available real estate. Colder than Texas though.

When they stop being underdogs they will be under more pressure from fans, media etc…. They seem to be maturing the right way.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would have scratched VO

I am looking forward to Power and Lubuskin though

@Thorny looks like Fitzgerald stays in the lineup.  Good call.

The silver lining/good that may come from the Jokiharju injury is we finally get to see Power Lyubushkin.

And, if all F's stay healthy through the next 2 games will be interesting to see who sits against the Habs.  (Presuming Krebs will sit 2 of they win tonight.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

@Thorny looks like Fitzgerald stays in the lineup.  Good call.

The silver lining/good that may come from the Jokiharju injury is we finally get to see Power Lyubushkin.

And, if all F's stay healthy through the next 2 games will be interesting to see who sits against the Habs.  (Presuming Krebs will sit 2 of they win tonight.)

Yup - I think my statement that I have a higher view of Pilut probably rings true

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

@dudacek @PerreaultForever and the other BC SabreSpacers — you know what you have to do.

Tonight is YOUR night.

Now go out there and take it!

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Regardless of a 2-week sample, the Sabres are probably not better than the Canucks.

Vancouver should be properly motivated, and playing in their home opener.

Buffalo is young this year and likely to have a lot of ups and downs.

The bounces that are so common in the NHL are due to go in the other direction for each team.

Hopefully the Canucks are fragile enough and the Sabres resilient enough to overcome that, but there are enough factors to  favour the Canucks and justify this, IMO.

This sounds like me before going to Jets Sabres games

"Don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up.."

3 hours ago, SDS said:

It sounds like you’re disagreeing with me, but I don’t think you are. 

Saying that Vancouver will win tonight is determinative (tonight js the night they will win) because they are “due” (not actually a thing - gambler’s fallacy). 

That's true. 

Looking at a roulette wheel, if it's landed red 10 times in a row, it's not "due" for black: the next spin is an Independent Event. But from the perspective of the moment, the odds of any single spin remains 50/50 so, going forward, the math would predict we are "due" for some black spins. But like you said, not BECAUSE of what came before. 

I guess one way to look at it is that Granato has three "rookies in training" on the forward lines:  JJ, Quinn and Krebs.  Krebs has more NHL experience but it seems like he's not advancing as quickly as Peterka.  I wouldn't be surprised if, in the absence of injuries on the forward lines, we see a rotation emerge involving those guys (although if Peterka keeps up the good work he might very seldom be the odd man out).

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

Krebs sitting tonight… Hasn’t been playing well… Puts a lot of pressure on himself and admits to dealing with anxiety… Think I recall reading he has a Life Coach helping him… Needs a boost… Can’t work out of a slow start by sitting too long… Hate to see Krebs benched… and hope he doesn’t get down on himself…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.