Dan Dunleavy on the Injured List

Doohickie

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

There was a Texas Rangers radio broadcaster that became incoherent due to a previously undiagnosed medical condition.  He just started talking about stuff that had zero to do with the game.  They cut him off and switched over to the TV guys for the rest of the game and if I recall correctly he never called a game again.  (Not saying this would happen with Dunleavy but if there's any chance he won't be 100% due to meds they *may* have him sit this one out.  I doubt it though.

Are you selling false hope?  

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Unfortunately, nobody knew he was having medical issues.  The rumors going around at the end, which turned out to be completely off-base and false, were not remotely charitable.

I remember well.  Alot of folks felt badly when the truth came out.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The injured list thing was tongue in cheek.  I fully expect him to be game ready.... unless he's on serious pain meds and is incoherent.

But, that could improve his call, maybe he focuses more on the game? 
SSsoryy, I’AM Oz MEDzzz to tHick sO.,. C LJ no x.. ;(Karla Souza Comedy GIF by ABC Network

Edited by Spoonman

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Oh, you mean something like this? 😂😂😂

No, not really. I just figured that the hecklers from the Muppets were a good description of the RJ-Neale duo.

I’m glad that didn’t last. They could have found a better replacement for Jim Lorentz when he retired. Those two seemed to work well together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.