The Eichel 2022-23 Thread: "I'm not bitter -- I'm just interested."

SDS

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I heard that when Jack heard about Tuch's hattie, Jack demanded of Cassidy that he put Jack on for the ENG, then demanded of all of his teammates that they pass it to him.  Referring to himself in the 3rd person, he said "Jack wants to score again."

He's just like Jimmy.

• Haha (+1) 2

I’m in Vegas and love the Sabres and the Knights and I absolutely think the trade worked out well for both teams. Jack is the most talented of all the players involved but I think Tuch is a better leader, teammate then Jack is. Loved Tuch when he was here.  Krebs was a hard working hustler who is a better playmaker then goal scorer. Jack holds on to the puck too long sometimes and tries to force passes from what I have seen in his time here. Seems like a moody player. The guy can flat out fly on the ice when he decides to turn it on. Right now I believe Buffalo got the better deal because it seems like ever since that trade was made Buffalo has been a totally different team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm still waiting for you and your band of merry brothers to let us know how the Sabres are about to be exposed...

We should crown them since they're a 115 point team right ? 

You can ride the wave like some but untill they show me consistency after they play 20 + games then I'll believe 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 goals the other night, 2 assists last night.  He's up to over a point per game this year now.

I personally hope this thread keeps going, I think its fun to follow players the Sabres traded away (at least for a couple years) and of course with Eichel's pedigree it makes it even more fun.  However, it going to be really easy for those who (still) like him to point to how good he as after 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games....just as it will be for those who don't like him to point out any multi-game pointless streaks.  Its fun though, I get it.  In the end, how he will be/should be judged will be on his production over 40 game stretches, maybe full season stretches....and on how he contributes to wins/losses/how far they go in the playoffs.

They are still limiting him to a total of about 16-17 minute of ice time per game though,  and just a bit over 12.5 minutes even strenght ice time per game.  For a player of his talent/stature, that just seems really really low.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Im talking about this year .

Last year doesn't mean anything to me 

But it means something that the pace started once they got Tuch/Krebs and a few players returned from long term injuries. 

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

2 goals the other night, 2 assists last night.  He's up to over a point per game this year now.

I personally hope this thread keeps going, I think its fun to follow players the Sabres traded away (at least for a couple years) and of course with Eichel's pedigree it makes it even more fun.  However, it going to be really easy for those who (still) like him to point to how good he as after 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games....just as it will be for those who don't like him to point out any multi-game pointless streaks.  Its fun though, I get it.  In the end, how he will be/should be judged will be on his production over 40 game stretches, maybe full season stretches....and on how he contributes to wins/losses/how far they go in the playoffs.

They are still limiting him to a total of about 16-17 minute of ice time per game though,  and just a bit over 12.5 minutes even strenght ice time per game.  For a player of his talent/stature, that just seems really really low.

I honestly don't care about him anymore. He put up points and a lot of Wow! Moments here but he was also a reason why this team perennially underperformed. It's not a coincidence the team has played much better since he has been gone than while he was here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

But it means something that the pace started once they got Tuch/Krebs and a few players returned from long term injuries. 

I honestly don't care about him anymore. He put up points and a lot of Wow! Moments here but he was also a reason why this team perennially underperformed. It's not a coincidence the team has played much better since he has been gone than while he was here.

Its a new season those things don't matter to me thats like saying tampa is the same as last year then .

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Its a new season those things don't matter to me thats like saying tampa is the same as last year then .

They don't matter to you but you are discussing this with a lot of people who do take things from last year...and in my personal opinion rightly so.  Are teams different? coaches different? other things different? of course they are.  But a lot of things are the same, if a team is 75% the same as the previous year and you can project their play as a team (and as individual players) that it does matter at least some.

Its a little closed minded to discuss things with other people on a forum, and your answer to anything they say is something like.....'the point you bring up doesn't matter to ME even though it does matter to you so I'm just going to keep telling you that over and over and over'.  Of course you can keep doing that if you want, this is a forum.

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If win percentage carried over from one season into the next doesn’t count, how about other stats like consecutive games scoring a goal scoring or point streaks? 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

They don't matter to you but you are discussing this with a lot of people who do take things from last year...and in my personal opinion rightly so.  Are teams different? coaches different? other things different? of course they are.  But a lot of things are the same, if a team is 75% the same as the previous year and you can project their play as a team (and as individual players) that it does matter at least some.

Its a little closed minded to discuss things with other people on a forum, and your answer to anything they say is something like.....'the point you bring up doesn't matter to ME even though it does matter to you so I'm just going to keep telling you that over and over and over'.  Of course you can keep doing that if you want, this is a forum.

This team is not the same as last just saying .

But you have your opinion its fine

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean you guys can count that but that stuff has zero effect on this season 

I agree, but we aren’t talking about last season having an impact on this season. It’s about where the team has trended over the course of a decent sample size of games. You said you needed to see a 20 game trend. I submit we’ve seen that and then some since last February. There’s no denying the improvement. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.