The Eichel 2022-23 Thread: "I'm not bitter -- I'm just interested."

SDS

23 hours ago, inkman said:

Because the arena was a morgue for a decade?

This is a true comment and the poor performance of the team is the reason for it.  That and the lack of star players.  

I still don't get why it is ok to trash the fans like he did.  He was here a long time, and he extended his contract.  He did some good things in Buffalo and some good things within the community, and then he pretty much threw it all away.  It sounded to me like the behavior of a person that is not mature for his age and experience.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is a true comment and the poor performance of the team is the reason for it.  That and the lack of star players.  

I still don't get why it is ok to trash the fans like he did.  He was here a long time, and he extended his contract.  He did some good things in Buffalo and some good things within the community, and then he pretty much threw it all away.  It sounded to me like the behavior of a person that is not mature for his age and experience.  

I can certainly understand why fans feel the way they do about Jack. It didn’t go the way anyone wanted.  I can also understand Jack’s reaction from the time he spent here.  

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

There are those who want to parse his emotional laden words in a post-game interview as if his comments were made in a legal context where word selection and precision matter. His remarks were made after an intensely fought game where he was relentlessly booed throughout the game.  And as you point out the faction that is most outraged is the same faction that relentlessly harangued him throughout the game. Spare me the faux pas outrage! 

I watched the same post-game interview that @K-9and others witnessed. They were disturbed by it; I was not. The player candidly stated how he felt about the experience. The player's response certainly was not diplomatic but it wasn't out of bounds considering the context. 

The discussion on this topic has been exhausted and has become circular. However, what amazes me is the intensity of the responses and its lingering effect for a brief interview that happened a year ago. 

Preach. 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Seriously?

Exactly why I put up a stink in the around the nhl thread so this nonsense could be moved to its own little corner.

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

How sad that it took him more than half a year to come back with that response.  At least it's better than the old 'I'm rubber and you're glue ...' schoolyard comeback.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How sad that it took him more than half a year to come back with that response.  At least it's better than the old 'I'm rubber and you're glue ...' schoolyard comeback.

Well, he probably wasn't asked between then and now, right?

I just find the whole thing so fascinating.  There's jilted lover action on both sides and it's just too funny.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Jack’s issue shouldn’t have been with the fans who cheered him for 6 years. His reaction to scoring the other night was sadly what I expected. No class. 

I can name so many players who went back home and weren’t ***** like he is. The trade works for both teams and I’m glad it’s over. But never mistake Jack for being anything but a dick as a human being. He’s just an unlikeable guy. I’ll take Tuch every time even when he doesn’t play well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Jack’s issue shouldn’t have been with the fans who cheered him for 6 years. His reaction to scoring the other night was sadly what I expected. No class. 

I can name so many players who went back home and weren’t ***** like he is. The trade works for both teams and I’m glad it’s over. But never mistake Jack for being anything but a dick as a human being. He’s just an unlikeable guy. I’ll take Tuch every time even when he doesn’t play well.

The stories of his dickishness are abundant and well founded it seems. And I’m not just referring to Craig Rivet's little league hockey story, either.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The stories of his dickishness are abundant and well founded it seems. And I’m not just referring to Craig Rivet's little league hockey story, either.

And for that reason alone, anyone who misses him, shouldn’t. I’d rather lose with character guys over guys like him and Sam. 

46 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

And for that reason alone, anyone who misses him, shouldn’t. I’d rather lose with character guys over guys like him and Sam. 

While I’ve heard several things about Eichel from various people in various places over the years, I can honestly say I’ve not heard one disparaging word about Reinhart. I think JBotts screwed the pooch with Sam which made Sam reluctant to want to stay. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

While I’ve heard several things about Eichel from various people in various places over the years, I can honestly say I’ve not heard one disparaging word about Reinhart. I think JBotts screwed the pooch with Sam which made Sam reluctant to want to stay. 

Adams could have attempted to make the situation better when he first got here, but he didn't.  Very possible that by that time Samson had enough and was not interested.  Samson got us Levi + so it's all good.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, freester said:

What is Rivet’s little league story?

In a nutshell, a bunch of Buffalo Junior Sabres went to Long Island for an event of some sort, watched the Sabres play the Isles, and they were super excited to meet Eichel after the game. Rivet arranged to bring them to an area in the arena to meet Eichel after the game but when he came out he looked, rolled his eyes, and went back in, leaving the kids and their parents stunned by the slight. 

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Adams could have attempted to make the situation better when he first got here, but he didn't.  Very possible that by that time Samson had enough and was not interested.  Samson got us Levi + so it's all good.

Agree Adams could have made the situation better and signed him when he first came aboard - Reinhart said as much. 

I believe those wishing to give KA the benefit of the doubt here say that, with all the covid stuff, the team wasn’t looking to offer a LT deal summer 2020 to Sam 

By the time summer 2021 was here, Sam made the decision for us 

22 hours ago, K-9 said:

Well, I have a pretty good inclination that Sam wasn’t that great a teammate either. (An ex Sabre basically said so when I spoke with him. I said what i thought and he didn’t correct me, so there’s that) But who knows? Anyway, that was a great trade for Sam.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.