The Eichel 2022-23 Thread: "I'm not bitter -- I'm just interested."

SDS

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

A whole lot of tickets available for the Vegas game next week.  

I think the game against Eichel and his new team was a huge draw last year, his first game back.  Now that is out of the way, I think it will still be a draw, but only slightly more so than his first game back here.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But the Bruins game (which I'm going to) is nearly sold out. 👍

I'm curious how fans will behave for Jack. Will it be a chorus of boos everytime he touches the puck?

I hope so for no other reason than it’s fun when the arena is loud and on the same page about something. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

But the Bruins game (which I'm going to) is nearly sold out. 👍

I'm curious how fans will behave for Jack. Will it be a chorus of boos everytime he touches the puck?

Are you serious? They were booing before he (rightly) trashed the fans. Why would it stop now? They'll be booing Jack's son in 2047.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

52 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok, I'll bite.  

Why was it right that he trashed the fans? 

After being booed throughout the game he pointed out after the game how few fans attended Sabres games last year. That pointed barb was true. Fans have a right to boo, and he has a right not to like it and candidly respond about what he thought about the boo birds. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

After being booed throughout the game he pointed out after the game how few fans attended Sabres games last year. That pointed barb was true. Fans have a right to boo, and he has a right not to like it and candidly respond about what he thought about the boo birds. 

His barb back wasn't about just last season's attendance, it was about his entire tenure and it was a crock of doo doo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

His barb back wasn't about just last season's attendance, it was about his entire tenure and it was a crock of doo doo.

That barb about attendance was true for that year and applicable to previous years. And to a lesser extent if he would say it about this year it would also be true. Fans have a right to boo all they want. They pay for their seats. The notion that a player can't/shouldn't respond to how he feels about his treatment makes no sense to me. 

It shouldn't be surprising that he holds some resentment towards this organization. It wouldn't allow him to have the operation that he wanted. So he was sidelined. He got traded and immediately got the surgery he wanted. He returned that same season although he was a shell of himself as a player. From what I have seen of him this season he seems back to a healthy form playing in front of capacity crowds. On a broadcast it was pointed out that after Jack had his surgery with the artificial disk two other players got the same surgery. So in hindsight his judgment about his physical interests proved to be correct.  

I've said this many times before that trading Jack was the right thing for the player and the right thing for the Sabres. The organization needed a reset and so did the player. I, in contrast to most others, have no animosity toward him. I wish him the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

His barb about the low attendance was true. How can you deny that? People have a right to boo; he has a right to respond as to how he felt about it. Sometimes the unappealing truth hurts the person who without letup boos. When you throw crap you shouldn't be surprised when the crap gets thrown back at you. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

His barb about the low attendance was true. How can you deny that? People have a right to boo; he has a right to respond as to how he felt about it. Sometimes the unappealing truth hurts the person who without letup boos. When you throw crap you shouldn't be surprised when the crap gets thrown back at you. 

It wasn’t his remark about attendance, it was him calling out fans for never making noise while he was here, for him saying that was the loudest they’ve ever been. That was an insult to the entire community and our history as a hockey fan base. To as loyal a fan base as there ever was. To a fan base that has had so little to cheer about for over a decade.

This fan base cheered its lungs out whenever Eichel and the boys did something amazing on the ice and he knows it. Too bad those Eichel-led teams never gave us a reason to cheer more often. FFS, he should have apologized instead of choosing to throw us under the bus. 

When I attended that return game, I was indifferent; didn’t cheer, didn’t boo. But on Thursday I will return the insult and boo myself horse every time he’s on the ice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good lord. You people. I know you've tried to get rid of me in various ways, without success. If you're going to be ignorant that might just work. I have no tolerance for it.

What K-9 said. At the start of the post anyway. Jack's barb was not about attendance. It was about very likely the quietest building in the league. Yes, Eleven, I've been to games. It's just how Sabres fans roll. Sure it rocked during the winning streak, but that's what it takes to for Sabres fans to get it up... 8 or 9 wins in a row. Or Jack becoming a Knight.

The idea Jack shouldn't have said it bc it would be hurtful to a pretty loyal fan base is another debate. But no way was he wrong.

A sad and predictable attack on me by the regulars. You should be ashamed of this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

49 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good lord. You people. I know you've tried to get rid of me in various ways, without success. If you're going to be ignorant that might just work. I have no tolerance for it.

What K-9 said. At the start of the post anyway. Jack's barb was not about attendance. It was about very likely the quietest building in the league. Yes, Eleven, I've been to games. It's just how Sabres fans roll. Sure it rocked during the winning streak, but that's what it takes to for Sabres fans to get it up... 8 or 9 wins in a row. Or Jack becoming a Knight.

The idea Jack shouldn't have said it bc it would be hurtful to a pretty loyal fan base is another debate. But no way was he wrong.

A sad and predictable attack on me by the regulars. You should be ashamed of this one.

I was at most games Eichel played here. The arena erupted like days of old when he did special things. We wanted to erupt, we needed to erupt and we did. 

And Eichel knows this. He’s seen it, heard it, and reacted to it himself. Not only was he insulting with his comments, he was LYING when he made them. 

A masshole of the highest order. Screw him and his classless attack on the great fans of Buffalo. How anyone can defend that is beyond me. To each his own I guess. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Paraphrase: It took them seven years to get in the game.

That doesn't mean fans didn't cheer last second OT goals.

But keep it up. Your wish is closer to coming true than ever.

Your take on this is ironic if not completely hypocritical. You’re the first one to criticize and condemn the Pegulas, management, etc., for the drought and their crappy product and yet you see fit to chastise fans for not making more noise while witnessing the crappy product this ownership, management, etc. have put in place? Holy contradiction Batman! 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

It wasn’t his remark about attendance, it was him calling out fans for never making noise while he was here, for him saying that was the loudest they’ve ever been. That was an insult to the entire community and our history as a hockey fan base. To as loyal a fan base as there ever was. To a fan base that has had so little to cheer about for over a decade.

This fan base cheered its lungs out whenever Eichel and the boys did something amazing on the ice and he knows it. Too bad those Eichel-led teams never gave us a reason to cheer more often. FFS, he should have apologized instead of choosing to throw us under the bus. 

When I attended that return game, I was indifferent; didn’t cheer, didn’t boo. But on Thursday I will return the insult and boo myself horse every time he’s on the ice. 

To jump to the conclusion that based on his caustic comment about the franchise's attendance during his time here (which is true) after being unmercifully booed throughout the game as being an insult to the entire community and its hocky history makes little sense. If you want to boo your guts out that is your prerogative. When he returns to Vegas he will be playing in front of capacity crowds and playing on a Cup contending team. I'm sure he is ecstatic about where he is now at.  

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I often disagree with your takes. With respect to the highlighted sentence I unflinchingly agree with it. The player expressed what he felt after the game. And many people here are outraged by his poignant and accurate reply. People who throw shiiit shouldn't be surprised when it gets thrown back. What's the definition of snowflakes? 

• dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.