GDT:Sabres at Calgary Flames 10/20/22 9:30pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

In order to have exclusive rights to sign him, probably with the understanding they can.

It's happened multiple times, most recently last year with with Arizona acquiring Jack McBain from Minnesota

So not like Vessey.   

For this to work Portillo first has to tell us where we would go, and all he said publicly so far is to stay on school and get an MBA.  

12 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

TRY to go to WGR website directly....I hear RJ still on the call there! 🤪

That website is f'n disaster. Have you ever tried to read an article on it? Here's what my laptop looks like, the header, footer and intrusive video player make it impossible to read the content on the page.

image.thumb.png.a264fdef140f249c38b555d1964f331f.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

So not like Vessey.   

For this to work Portillo first has to tell us where we would go, and all he said publicly so far is to stay on school and get an MBA.  

I don’t think he knows where he wants to sign. I think he just knows he wants to have a choice. He seems like a guy grounded in practicalities and sound decision-making. None of us would go work for a company without first considering the alternatives. Maybe he just wants to visit the teams, get to know them, and then make a choice. 

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

That website is f'n disaster. Have you ever tried to read an article on it? Here's what my laptop looks like, the header, footer and intrusive video player make it impossible to read the content on the page.

image.thumb.png.a264fdef140f249c38b555d1964f331f.png

Buffalorising is a website I no longer visit because about a year ago they changed the layout and now it is awful.  Before the change, it was simple, one column, all the articles arranged in a row. Nice. But now, you start with a huge banner ad up top,  Followed by 3 pictures (2 small and one large) that are clickable for articles in them, then the page changes format again under that to a few more articles (with an ad on the side), then it changes again to videos, then it changes back to articles but now they are smaller with pictures and 2x2.   

I really wonder sometimes who redesigns things and says "yep, this is way harder to read and to use, but i think it LOOKS slightly better so lets go with it"

3 hours ago, dudacek said:
  • Next year Levi and (hopefully) Portillo share the crease in Rochester, with a pecking order to be determined (even though everyone knows Levi is the favourite and Portillo will probably be gone)

A question for the AHL folks: how common is it to have two rookies sharing the net?

I don't miss having Ristolainen on the team but every time we play Kadri I always remember the fun battles between the two when Kadri played for the Leafs.  It would be nice to see that little weasel get hit by Lyubushkin (if he plays).  Otherwise, next man up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Should be fun tonight. Last season, the Sabres got cratered by Tkachuk/Gaudreau/Mangiapane in one game as the season fell apart in November 2021. Then, the Sabres played perhaps their best game of the season by shutting out Calgary 1-0 in OT on the second night of a back-to-back after collapsing in Edmonton. The Sabres stymied them all night and outshot the Flames 34-24 in that one. Toker started both games. If the March-current 2022 Sabres show up for the full game, Calgary will be hard-pressed to remain in the undefeated column.

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

well ok, that was something...lol

The marketing department seems to be having fun this year.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.