Sabres Are On DIRECTV!!

DannyGare18

Here's a response from DIRECTV that I just received:

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thanks for asking about the Buffalo Sabres on MSG. We have great news, DIRECTV has reached a deal to broadcast the Sabres games in the teams home market on the MSG Network.

Thanks again for writing and enjoy the action this season.

Sincerely,

Cody

DIRECTV Customer Service

Well I'll believe it when I see it! :unsure:

the game is back on. i had a CFL game from 8-8:05, then technical difficulties till just a few minutes ago. and its RJ and lorentz

and i just received my sabres insider e-mail about the msg/directv deal.

BREAKING NEWS: DIRECTV Signs Deal with MSG --

DIRECTV, the nation's leading digital satellite television service, has signed an agreement with MSG Network to broadcast Buffalo Sabres games.

More than 70 Buffalo Sabres broadcasts will be available to local MSG viewers during the 2005-06 season. MSG is viewer channel 621 on DIRECTV.

DIRECTV will begin broadcasting tonight's Sabres game against the Bruins at 8:00 p.m. ET. on DIRECTV alternate viewer channel 625. Saturday's Sabres game will be available on DIRECTV alternate viewer channel 639.

the game is back on. i had a CFL game from 8-8:05, then technical difficulties till just a few minutes ago. and its RJ and lorentz

and i just received my sabres insider e-mail about the msg/directv deal.

Isn't it great to RJ and Lorentz, again? :D

Guest Patrick

The MSG Network is pathetic. I will not offer congratulations to that company for getting a deal done. They wanted more money from DirecTV to show the games after they themselves were the ones that offered to show the games. Wasn't it greed that put the NHL in its mess? Apparently, the NYC media didn't learn from the lessons the NHL and the Players Assoc were giving.

Regardless of whether or not they got a deal done, I missed opening night thanks to them. I sent them an email assuring them that I will pay close attention to their advertisments so that I can contact their sponsors to let them know that I will not buy products from any company that supports the MSG Network and their greed.

BTW, speaking of sponsorship, I lost count of the number of NY Lottery commercials there were during the game, and the LACK of a great deal of other sponsors. Bring back Empire, because this station stinks.

And for those in agreement, feel free to email the MSG Network at msgnetpr@thegarden.com and let them know how you feel about them cutting off the post-game show on DirecTV. More greed!

I never complain about things like this normally, but I did purchase two 10 packs for this season so I am taking advantage of the privileges and the rights that go along with that; especially during this year when fans have a profound right to scrutinize every aspect of the game. I believe we've earned it.

I welcome any discussion either for or against these topics.

Thank you.

Ok,, now I'm pissed.. I dropped Adelphia for obvious reasons. Signed up with Dish Network. Dumped them for numerous outages. In May I go with Directv. Sabres sign with MSG to broadcast games. Msg only offered on premium package for $95.00 a month...now I'm stuck with them for the rest of year due to contract. Anyone know a way around the blackout of home games on Center Ice??? HELP!! :angry: :angry: Cant afford the premium pkg right now..wife lost job.

Is there any other non-WNY Directv subscribers who have figured out how/where to tune in the postgame coverage? I miss Hockey Hotline....no more ESN on 626 to catch the analysis and calls.

Thanks!

Hawk,

I'm not sure if I understand you. If you you are with Directv, the games are now on MSG Network and you can get MSG without having the sports package...it comes standard on their Premium Plus pack which costs 42.99/month with local channels.

Archived