Devon Levi Watch 2022-2023

ddaryl

24 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Has he  Regrest in his number so far ? 

I remember last season he was getting  Shutouts every other game 

Dude.  The post 8 mins before yours gives his stats.  He has a 1.53 GAA 0.950 sv% and two shutouts.

32 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Levi with 2 wins this weekend. Both against New Hampshire.

on Friday 6 - 2
2 GA, 1.75 GAA, 25 shots, SV% .943

on Saturday 3- 0 2nd shutout of the season
0 GA, 1.53 GAA,  shots 33 SV % .950

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He is defintely behind the pace of 2021 - 2022 shutouts. He had 4 SOs in the 1st 9 games played last year, compared to this year he only has 2 so far.  He did miss a weekend of duty (2 games)  do to being ill this year.

https://nuhuskies.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/devon-levi/7734

But his GAA is stll solid... He also had 3 losses in his 1st 9 last season. This year 2 ties and a loss in the 1st 9

https://nuhuskies.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/devon-levi/7734

Edited by ddaryl

40 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

He is defintely behind the pace of 2021 - 2022 shutouts. He had 4 SOs in the 1st 9 games played last year, compared to this year he only has 2 so far.  He did miss a weekend of duty (2 games)  do to being ill this year.

DEVON LEVI WILL BE FINE

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Last season he had a 1.54 GAA and a .952 save percentage in 32 games.

This season he has a 1.53 GAS and a .950 save percentage in 9 games so far. No regression there, those numbers are damn consistent.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

This season he has a 1.53 GAS and a .950 save percentage in 9 games so far. No regression there, those numbers are damn consistent.

A 2/100 regression in save percentage? Unacceptable! 

In Ryan Miller’s Hobey Baker winning year he had a stat line of 31 wins, a 1.32 gaa and a .950 save % with 10 shutouts in 40 games.

He came back the next year and “regressed” to 26 wins, a 1.77 gaa and a .936 save % in 40 games.  I think he turned out OK.

I’m not worried about Devon at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Maybe the team is weaker than last year, he is really good but maybe the team has regressed.

On 11/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

In Ryan Miller’s Hobey Baker winning year he had a stat line of 31 wins, a 1.32 gaa and a .950 save % with 10 shutouts in 40 games.

He came back the next year and “regressed” to 26 wins, a 1.77 gaa and a .936 save % in 40 games.  I think he turned out OK.

I’m not worried about Devon at all. 

Yes, but how many of Miller's "shutouts" had a score of 3-1 or 4-1 with the other team scoring with like a minute left? 

Edited by grinreaper

Great article by Matthew Fairburn for those who subscribe to the Athletic. 

...“I do believe the position chooses you,” Levi said. “And when that happens, you can’t not love it. It’s just what I was meant to do. It’s what I feel like I was supposed to do. It’s just everything about the thrill of being on your own island and having a lot of pressure on me honestly. That pressure of being able to change the game keeps me up at night to be able to go through that. It’s such a fun position where it’s really you against the shooter and best man wins. It’s like, ‘Bring it on.’ That’s the thrill of competition where it’s not going in the net. It’s in my control. If I’m good enough, it’s not going in the net. That’s a fun feeling. It gets me up in the morning to want to go where you can get better.”...

Devon Levi-Athletic 11/10/22

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tony P said:

Great article by Matthew Fairburn for those who subscribe to the Athletic. 

...“I do believe the position chooses you,” Levi said. “And when that happens, you can’t not love it. It’s just what I was meant to do. It’s what I feel like I was supposed to do. It’s just everything about the thrill of being on your own island and having a lot of pressure on me honestly. That pressure of being able to change the game keeps me up at night to be able to go through that. It’s such a fun position where it’s really you against the shooter and best man wins. It’s like, ‘Bring it on.’ That’s the thrill of competition where it’s not going in the net. It’s in my control. If I’m good enough, it’s not going in the net. That’s a fun feeling. It gets me up in the morning to want to go where you can get better.”...

Devon Levi-Athletic 11/10/22

Can’t teach that. 

Levi spent a week in Buffalo over the summer at Sabres development camp, and Buffalo hockey fans only became more enamored with his potential. Levi’s quickness and athleticism stood out with a loaded roster of prospects on the ice. More important than his performance, though, was that Levi beamed when he experienced the organization up close for the first time.

“It was unreal,” he said. “It was the best week ever. It was so fun. Everyone there was so nice, the players and the staff. It was great meeting fellow prospects and fellow players who already play in Rochester and Buffalo. It was great to meet everyone and compete with them. It just felt like home being at the rink, meeting and hanging around everyone, whether it was on the ice or off the ice. It was just very homey … I had a really great time and I’m excited for the future.”

Also from the Athletic article. https://theathletic.com/3778545/2022/11/10/sabres-devon-levi-goalie-prospect-northeastern-hockey/

11 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Tough Weekend for Devon and the Huskies against Boston College

4-4 Tie on Friday. 4 GAA on 40 shots, .944 SV%

and a 3-2 loss on Saturday 3 GAA on 36 shots .941%

How is making 36 saves on 40 shots 0.944 and not 0.900?

And 33 saves on 36 shots should be 0.917, not 0.941.