Sabres Announce Don Granato Has Been Signed to A Multi Year Contract Extension

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I don’t think needing a new deal in a year really would make him a “lame duck”, not when coaches get fired mid-deal all the time anyways. 

Still seen that way in the locker room and by everyone else in the media as well forcing the question to be asked constantly. No distractions.

22 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Sounds like something Donny insisted on. Seems unnecessary. Whatever, just money

The contract extension?

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but the opposite was true if you listened to Donnie and Adams.

Donnie said he didn't really want the distraction, but sure, I'll sign, this is where I want to be. Adams said extending Donnie was something he wanted and stressed with Pegula as part of his own extension. As soon as his was signed, he approached Donnie. Now, I believe their contract lengths match.

22 hours ago, Thorny said:

You touch on an interesting point, the votes of confidence are indeed going out and, for one thing, Adams doesn’t seem interested in any standings points this year being earned by way of, say, a Samuelsson or Granato playing/coaching for new deals, the added production we sometimes see from a player in those situations. No, he’s unconcerned with there being a level of comfort, heading into this year. Feeling the vibe of everything in totality I don’t think any sort of hard-line, numerical expectations have been set as goals this year, I think GA is right when he said this is viewed as simply another development year 

I think his expectation is simply to "get better."

They remain focused on the process rather than the results, which they believe will come if they stick to the process.

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Again you keep saying winning isn't a priority simply because Adams isn't acting like the Vegas Golden Knights. 

He's saying winning tonight isn't the highest priority. It's not the same thing, and he's not implying it is. he knows the plan is focused on being great in the future rather than good now.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 4:42 PM, matter2003 said:

I'm expecting somewhere in the 87-90 point range this year and being in the hunt, although on the outside looking in, until the final week or two.

Well damn...this is looking like a bullseye. Feeling pretty prophetic 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

We had a topic/thread at the beginning of the season dedicated to preditions for the year? Wouldn't it just make sense that the day the season ends, that topic be brought back so we can all read it and see how we (and everyone else) did?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

We had a topic/thread at the beginning of the season dedicated to preditions for the year? Wouldn't it just make sense that the day the season ends, that topic be brought back so we can all read it and see how we (and everyone else) did?

It makes sense … at least to me it does. But so does revisiting a lot of older threads and comments 😂