Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

2 hours ago, bg17 said:

Duff on Sabres Live today said Carolina is 6-1 or thereabouts on second game of back to backs. That’s impressive. 

A lot of guys on that team are simply fast and fluid skaters. They exert less effort and energy maintaining high speed compared to some other teams/players. We have some guys like that too. 

• Agree 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:03 AM, Taro T said:

Back in '06, the Otters destroyed the Sabres in early season matchups but the script was flipped that spring.  So, it could change, but not really expecting it.

Also in the 1990s matchups between the Red Wings and Avs, I think the team that won the season series lost in the playoffs every time.  In the...97? Conf Champions there were even a pair of 6-0 games with each team beating the other team soundly in consecutive games.  Playoffs are weird but I think a Sabres team playing with house money might be chaotic enough to disrupt the expected order of things.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:05 AM, K-9 said:

I can’t recall any team in any sport that plays the way their coach played like the Canes do. Every player on that team plays like Brind’Amour did. Every one of them. It’s no wonder they’re such a pain in the ass to play against. 

The first period puck hounding Globetrotter demonstration was something to see. Hate to say it, but it was Bills Bengals on ice.

Bulldog might be right. I watched as the Sabres first goal was relegated to half of the screen as the announcers talked about something else. The chit chat during play is a huge turnoff, a clue to the viewer that even the announcers are bored with the game. Just awful.

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I don’t think you need that many anymore. Arenas through all sports have started to scale back, at least in most cases.

I wonder even as seats could be scaled back to a lower bowl holding 12k ish if local regulations could allow many more than 19k in the building to roam around wherever in various viewing areas.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Bulldog might be right. I watched as the Sabres first goal was relegated to half of the screen as the announcers talked about something else. The chit chat during play is a huge turnoff, a clue to the viewer that even the announcers are bored with the game. Just awful.

I wonder even as seats could be scaled back to a lower bowl holding 12k ish if local regulations could allow many more than 19k in the building to roam around wherever in various viewing areas.

19070 is the year of the team's founding with an extra zero in the middle.

And you are 100% correct about the chatting during play.

Edited by Marvin

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I do not think building capacity is linked to available seats but I don’t think they drop that low. I could see 15-16K, however.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.