Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

You have to remember that the arena was built in mid 90’s and was billed as a no frills, built within budget arena.

The arena can be upgraded. They can remove seats and create what most people now want. 
The Rogers center is in the process of being renovated to try and vooy what is now in vogue. Wider, less seats and multiple entertainment areas. You watch a RedWing game now and you would swear no one is there because they are all in one of the 80 restaurants and bars in the place.

Kim Pegula’s absent will be felt mostly here as she was spearheading the renovations.

Even *movie theatres* (sadly imo) are going the way of the above, nowadays. Less seats, less screens, more communal areas with games and bars. They just opened up what I think is the second largest movie theatre in Canada here called the Cineplex Junxion, and ya. Everything is shifting from “designed and tailored to a singular, focused experience” to multi-purpose entertainment centres 

Edited by Thorny

53 minutes ago, tom webster said:

You have to remember that the arena was built in mid 90’s and was billed as a no frills, built within budget arena.

The arena can be upgraded. They can remove seats and create what most people now want. 
The Rogers center is in the process of being renovated to try and vooy what is now in vogue. Wider, less seats and multiple entertainment areas. You watch a RedWing game now and you would swear no one is there because they are all in one of the 80 restaurants and bars in the place.

Kim Pegula’s absent will be felt mostly here as she was spearheading the renovations.

I don’t get paying big money for a seat and sitting in the bar watching the game on TV. Why not just go to a sports bar?

Maybe I’m old fashioned but I want to be as close to the action as possible when I’ve shelled out money for a seat.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I don’t get paying big money for a seat and sitting in the bar watching the game on TV. Why not just go to a sports bar?

Maybe I’m old fashioned but I want to be as close to the action as possible when I’ve shelled out money for a seat.

Most of the venues are designed so they a good majority can actually watch the game while in those restaurants and bars. Still, I’m with you, I’m watching from seats.

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I know the answer, but oh, boy, will it be judged negatively.  If I get board-wide assurance that I won't be killed for it, I'll share it.

17 hours ago, tom webster said:

I remember all of it.  Can be upgraded and "will be upgraded" is the problem.  Even the food options are a joke however and that's something that doesn't take renovation.

That said, all the entertainment areas and there were plenty of people in the seats at Bridgestone.. and the crowd was into it.  I think the crowd can't help but be into it given the scoreboard, the PA announcer, and the culture the fans have created there (with the college like chants). 

I need to get to some more venues (sadly I don't travel to many NHL cities).

4 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Another Vegas loss and another game of no points for Jack...our 2nd round pick of theirs is looking better every day!

After Eichel's third-period hat trick against the Sabres, the Knights were 13-2 and on pace with Boston at the top of the standings. Since then, they're 16-16-4... not a playoff pace. Eichel was re-cursed by Buffalo. Curse onward!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins having problems with speedy teams. You know, if we do manage to squeak into the playoffs we could potentially upset them. It would probably depend on Ullmark. 

Unfortunately, if the Sabres do sneak in, wouldn't be at all surprised if it was as the 1st WC.  Which would put them against the Canes whom they haven't matched up well against rather than the B's who they have played tough.  Hopefully that changes Wednesday.

Back in '06, the Otters destroyed the Sabres in early season matchups but the script was flipped that spring.  So, it could change, but not really expecting it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:49 AM, LTS said:

Was in Nashville all this past week.. took in the Devils/Preds game Thursday night.

There isn't any capacity of the Predators in-game/on-ice experience that isn't superior to the Sabres. (Not talking about the quality of the hockey team itself or its play). The pre-game, on-ice projections (including a projection of shot locations between periods), the PA announcer, crowd involvement, the concessions, the scoreboard.. I mean everything is superior.

The KBC is an absolute dump by comparison. Buffalo should have put the football stadium downtown and driven evolution into the area. Small upgrades are not enough for the hockey venue...  I would love to see the Sabres get the benefit of the Predators arena and production quality.

I get the draw of Broadway in Nashville, but Buffalo could achieve similar results (without the exceptional music) if it wanted to.  It screwed up on this and that's another 20-30 years of impact because of it.  Sad.

PS. My edit.. if it appears:  The Sabres are right to have individual goal songs however.  Although it was pretty cool when Duchene scored the 4th goal which apparently gets everyone a free frosty.  That said, 6x times of "I Like It, I Love It" does not make me want some more of it.  However, if I were to hear Gimme Gimme Gimme 6x in a night I'd probably be okay with it.

I just moved here (Nashville) and went to the game Tuesday. While you’re not wrong, I found much of the in-game entertainment to be incredibly obnoxious. The game felt more like an event than a hockey game. The rink is infinitely nicer though. 

Edited by #freejame
You forgot to mention the concourses being huge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.