Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

8 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Good old Flyers...see Hawks smoke Calgary 5-1 in their Calgary's barn! Never know from night-to-night who will win these days

Calgary sucks and is now screwed by contracts. Florida will be ok they just need a new coach. See: Jets last season vs this season 

It’s Paul 

On 1/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Neither of them are in Vancouver.

BC is a big place.

@bunomatic is probably closest in that he is a short ferry ride acrost the water from Van City.

I’m close. 4 hours by car in Kelowna. Get all the games. The Canucks management and owner are the issue. They hired BB before hiring Rutherford. They continue to do things backwards. The players loved Bruce. 

The owner is apparently one major dick to people as well. Trevor Linden left after he told ownership we need to blow it up and rebuild. They wouldn’t, he quit. He was right and they’ve wasted 5 years.

On a side note my buddy texts me last night and says you need Horvat. I said love to have him. He says, “Cozens, Kulich and a first gets it done” 

I almost choked on my laughter. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I’m close. 4 hours by car in Kelowna. Get all the games. The Canucks management and owner are the issue. They hired BB before hiring Rutherford. They continue to do things backwards. The players loved Bruce. 

The owner is apparently one major dick to people as well. Trevor Linden left after he told ownership we need to blow it up and rebuild. They wouldn’t, he quit. He was right and they’ve wasted 5 years.

On a side note my buddy texts me last night and says you need Horvat. I said love to have him. He says, “Cozens, Kulich and a first gets it done” 

Cozens IS Horvat only younger and cheaper.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

It certainly does.  Surprised he didn't want Samuelsson too.  Once you hit ludicrous might as well go on full goon bull loony.

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It certainly does.  Surprised he didn't want Samuelsson too.  Once you hit ludicrous might as well go on full goon bull loony.

Go Dark Helmet GIF

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Calgary sucks and is now screwed by contracts. Florida will be ok they just need a new coach. See: Jets last season vs this season 

It’s Paul 

What happened with him? He has the fourth-most games and seventh-most wins of any coach in NHL history. It seems he was well regarded from an outside looking in perspective at his Jets tenure.  

On 1/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, LGR4GM said:

Myers hit on Beniers, thoughts?

Obvious frustration by Myers.

Biggest surprise for me (just looking at the clip below) was that there didn't seem to be any reaction from Seattle for their young star.  Beniers just gets up slow and works his way over to the bench.

19 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

What happened with him? He has the fourth-most games and seventh-most wins of any coach in NHL history. It seems he was well regarded from an outside looking in perspective at his Jets tenure.  

Maybe his message or style just wears thin over time, I have no idea. Hope for his sake he bounces back 

Was in Nashville all this past week.. took in the Devils/Preds game Thursday night.

There isn't any capacity of the Predators in-game/on-ice experience that isn't superior to the Sabres. (Not talking about the quality of the hockey team itself or its play). The pre-game, on-ice projections (including a projection of shot locations between periods), the PA announcer, crowd involvement, the concessions, the scoreboard.. I mean everything is superior.

The KBC is an absolute dump by comparison. Buffalo should have put the football stadium downtown and driven evolution into the area. Small upgrades are not enough for the hockey venue...  I would love to see the Sabres get the benefit of the Predators arena and production quality.

I get the draw of Broadway in Nashville, but Buffalo could achieve similar results (without the exceptional music) if it wanted to.  It screwed up on this and that's another 20-30 years of impact because of it.  Sad.

PS. My edit.. if it appears:  The Sabres are right to have individual goal songs however.  Although it was pretty cool when Duchene scored the 4th goal which apparently gets everyone a free frosty.  That said, 6x times of "I Like It, I Love It" does not make me want some more of it.  However, if I were to hear Gimme Gimme Gimme 6x in a night I'd probably be okay with it.

Edited by LTS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LTS said:

Was in Nashville all this past week.. took in the Devils/Preds game Thursday night.

There isn't any capacity of the Predators in-game/on-ice experience that isn't superior to the Sabres. (Not talking about the quality of the hockey team itself or its play). The pre-game, on-ice projections (including a projection of shot locations between periods), the PA announcer, crowd involvement, the concessions, the scoreboard.. I mean everything is superior.

The KBC is an absolute dump by comparison. Buffalo should have put the football stadium downtown and driven evolution into the area. Small upgrades are not enough for the hockey venue...  I would love to see the Sabres get the benefit of the Predators arena and production quality.

I get the draw of Broadway in Nashville, but Buffalo could achieve similar results (without the exceptional music) if it wanted to.  It screwed up on this and that's another 20-30 years of impact because of it.  Sad.

PS. My edit.. if it appears:  The Sabres are right to have individual goal songs however.  Although it was pretty cool when Duchene scored the 4th goal which apparently gets everyone a free frosty.  That said, 6x times of "I Like It, I Love It" does not make me want some more of it.  However, if I were to hear Gimme Gimme Gimme 6x in a night I'd probably be okay with it.

I don't care. I truly, deeply...

...hope that Lyubushkin goes on an absolute second-half scoring bender. At home games.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LTS said:

The KBC is an absolute dump by comparison. Buffalo should have put the football stadium downtown and driven evolution into the area. Small upgrades are not enough for the hockey venue... 

This is what I have thought also. In the past decade, I have been at events (not just hockey) in the Arenas in Boston Toronto, Philly, Columbus, Detroit and Tampa.  It isn't just that the Arena in Buffalo isn't as nice, it is way, WAY behind.  I'm not sure what can be done, the money just might not be available to do what needs to get done to 'catch up', but when you do go to one of those other places, the difference is massive.

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

This is what I have thought also. In the past decade, I have been at events (not just hockey) in the Arenas in Boston Toronto, Philly, Columbus, Detroit and Tampa.  It isn't just that the Arena in Buffalo isn't as nice, it is way, WAY behind.  I'm not sure what can be done, the money just might not be available to do what needs to get done to 'catch up', but when you do go to one of those other places, the difference is massive.

Where do you sit? 

You have to remember that the arena was built in mid 90’s and was billed as a no frills, built within budget arena.

The arena can be upgraded. They can remove seats and create what most people now want. 
The Rogers center is in the process of being renovated to try and vooy what is now in vogue. Wider, less seats and multiple entertainment areas. You watch a RedWing game now and you would swear no one is there because they are all in one of the 80 restaurants and bars in the place.

Kim Pegula’s absent will be felt mostly here as she was spearheading the renovations.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Preach!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.