Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Sabres have Caps at home end of February...my son's best friend has tickets and hopefully my sons passport gets here in time for him to go with his friend to this game. It may be the biggest game the Sabres have played in years. Tonight will be tough but we already have two wins on this road trip so all is good!

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Myers hit on Beniers, thoughts?

My first thought:  It always takes me like four viewings to see what's going on with these because I'm instinctively looking at the puck when I watch on a screen (unlike watching live).

My second thought:  It's a two-minute minor and that's it.  It's just a routine crosscheck to the back.  Maybe a double.  MAYBE.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Myers hit on Beniers, thoughts?

He’s clearly big mad, is thinking Beniers will get the puck there, so he, presumably owing to low-hockey IQ chooses to put himself out of position to get the retaliatory hit - the puck doesn’t come fast enough for either Myers’ or Beniers’ liking so Myers said “eff it” and delivered the contact anyways. 

Id argue it’s a defenseless player as he is in actuality nowhere close to possessing the puck at said time, and is looking the other way. However, doesn’t look like there is contact to the head. 

What’s Myers’ discipline history like? Did Beniers get hurt? If both of those are in the negatory it’s probably just a regular penalty by way of the League 

On 1/25/2023 at 11:55 AM, shrader said:

1. Have career season.
2. Get mega-contract.
3. Blow career season out of the water

I feel like we don't see this sequence all that often.

Certainly not from Drew

HBYJ4PHNCJGE7FWVV4MNG47H2I

Bonus points if you recognized Ottawa goalie Craig Anderson 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.