Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Jack and Vegas sinking fast...another loss last night to NJ 2-3 and Jack has one assist in his last 6 games and one goal in his last 8 games. Calling him out really worked! Meanwhile they booed Tocchet in Vancouver yet the Canucks actually won! Gary Bettman insist in an interview that teams do not ever purposely tank. Hmm...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Jack and Vegas sinking fast...

VGK are only 4 points ahead of EDM, 6 points ahead of CGY and 7 points ahead of MIN, who have 1, 1, and 3 games in hand over VGK respectively.  I would love to see them slip behind those three teams and miss the playoffs.  Again.  With Jack.  😄

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

VGK are only 4 points ahead of EDM, 6 points ahead of CGY and 7 points ahead of MIN, who have 1, 1, and 3 games in hand over VGK respectively.  I would love to see them slip behind those three teams and miss the playoffs.  Again.  With Jack.  😄

Bonus is having VGK’s second round pick.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Was listening to NHL Network yesterday and one of the heads was talking about how Jack has never been in a playoff run. Uhm. Last year. When they crapped themselves and missed out.

8 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Was listening to NHL Network yesterday and one of the heads was talking about how Jack has never been in a playoff run. Uhm. Last year. When they crapped themselves and missed out.

I take Playoff Run to mean actually playing in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/21/2023 at 11:51 PM, Thorny said:

*Zach Hyman* is on pace for nearly 100 points. Scoring is off the chain this season. 

I know he plays with McD but, he did last year too. He’s already reached his output from last season 

TNT 2pts from matching last year’s total pts…..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Bonus is having VGK’s second round pick.

Yep.  And hopefully that team & Filly sink like stones so those 2 bonus 2nd rounders end up good enough to grab some more top round talent.

This coming offseason will still be relatively easy for Adams as he isn't in a position where he absolutely HAS to make moves to keep from losing assets (though still want him to add a 2nd pairing D-man).  The following offseason that will no longer be the case and hard decisions will become a semiannual thing at the trade deadline & the offseason.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

1. Have career season.
2. Get mega-contract.
3. Blow career season out of the water

I feel like we don't see this sequence all that often.

And he hasn’t received a penny of that new deal yet.

I hate UFAs getting huge deals after a career season. They usually tail off and are worth a fraction of their contract within 3-4 years. Good for them to get paid but it sucks for the team and the fanbase that expects 7 years of star performance.

I suspect Horvat will never approach his 22/23 numbers again.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

1. Have career season.
2. Get mega-contract.
3. Blow career season out of the water

I feel like we don't see this sequence all that often.

Yes. Quite the outlier, and kudos to KA and other front office staff in regards to getting him signed long term.   

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hate UFAs getting huge deals after a career season. They usually tail off and are worth a fraction of their contract within 3-4 years. Good for them to get paid but it sucks for the team and the fanbase that expects 7 years of star performance.

Horvat is shooting 8.1% over his career average right now. I think it highly likely that it regresses some and certainly will over the course of the 7 year deal he gets, buyer beware. 

5 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Jack and Vegas sinking fast...another loss last night to NJ 2-3 and Jack has one assist in his last 6 games and one goal in his last 8 games. Calling him out really worked! Meanwhile they booed Tocchet in Vancouver yet the Canucks actually won! Gary Bettman insist in an interview that teams do not ever purposely tank. Hmm...

Gary isn’t going to like that video of Teemu Salanne going into the Anaheim dressing room and putting Bedards name up on an empty stall. 

51 minutes ago, French Collection said:

To be fair, Tage is also worth a fraction of his upcoming deal. That fraction is like 7/4, but still a fraction. 🙂

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, MattPie said:

I take Playoff Run to mean actually playing in the playoffs.

That wasn't the context they were using. They were talking about it in reference to elevating your game and the play of others to win important games down the stretch. That definitely did not happen last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.