Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

I turned on the Edmonton Vancouver game last night for the 3rd.  I couldn't turn it off.  Great support for Bruce Boudreau.  Crowd chants "Bruce, there it is".  This situation has been mismanaged badly.  I don't have an issue with firing coaches but Jim Rutherford really seems to have messed this up. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-fire-head-coach-bruce-boudreau-hire-rick-tocchet/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Digger said:

I turned on the Edmonton Vancouver game last night for the 3rd.  I couldn't turn it off.  Great support for Bruce Boudreau.  Crowd chants "Bruce, there it is".  This situation has been mismanaged badly.  I don't have an issue with firing coaches but Jim Rutherford really seems to have messed this up. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-fire-head-coach-bruce-boudreau-hire-rick-tocchet/

The whole organization from the owners down to Rutherford and the GM should be ashamed of themselves.  They treated Bruce very badly in all this.  Coaches are hired to be fired and I don't have a problem with Bruce being fired.  It happens.  The issue is how this circus unfolded.  Shameful.  There is right way and a wrong way to do anything in this life.  The Canucks powers that be did this the wrong way.

• Agree 3

I guess it shows how desperate some people must be to be a head coach in the NHL.  Rick Tocchet must have some faith in Vancouver to not get screwed over like his predecessor.

No way I'd want to be part of that. I'd keep my cushy TNT job until the next opening happened.  Not that Tocchet is all that as a coach.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I guess it shows how desperate some people must be to be a head coach in the NHL.  Rick Tocchet must have some faith in Vancouver to not get screwed over like his predecessor.

No way I'd want to be part of that. I'd keep my cushy TNT job until the next opening happened.  Not that Tocchet is all that as a coach.

He's good buddies w/ Gretzky.  When things don't work out in Van City he'll get his old job back.

My God Boston is a machine...they are lapping the NHL right now...

78 points lead the NHL by 12 points over the Hurricanes who are 2nd with 66.

177 goals lead the NHL as do their 3.84 Goals/game, barely over the 3.82 Goals per game of the 2nd place Sabres (who have 1 game in hand with 172 goals)

Their 96 goals allowed are by FAR the fewest in the NHL...26 less than the 2nd place Devils.  Surprisingly Toronto has quietly become a top 5 defensive team in the NHL. 

Their 5 regulation losses and 9 total losses make them by far the team with the fewest in both, with Carolina 2nd with 9 regulation loses and TB/NJ 2nd with 16 total losses.

Their +81 goal differential is 38 more than the 2nd place Stars(our opponent tonight)

One of the most dominating seasons we have seen in recent memory...and this coming when many thought they would "fall off" this year and some even predicting they would miss the playoffs with their "old" roster catching up with them.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

177 goals lead the NHL as do their 3.84 Goals/game, barely over the 3.82 Goals per game of the 2nd place Sabres (who have 1 game in hand with 172 goals)

Their 96 goals allowed are by FAR the fewest in the NHL...26 less than the 2nd place Devils.  Surprisingly Toronto has quietly become a top 5 defensive team in the NHL. 

Their 5 regulation losses and 9 total losses make them by far the team with the fewest in both, with Carolina 2nd with 9 regulation loses and TB/Nj 2nd with 16 total losses.

One of the most dominating seasons we have seen in recent memory...and this coming when many thought they would "fall off" this year and some even predicting they would miss the playoffs with their "old" roster catching up with them.

The Bruins pro scouting is tremendous. They identify players that can fill specific needs in their overall vision of team building.

The players basically revolted against Cassidy this offseason and ran him out of town. Montgomery has come in and has done a great job of keeping the systems in place. They are a veteran well oiled machine that are having a tremendous season.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Their 5 regulation losses and 9 total losses make them by far the team with the fewest in both, with Carolina 2nd with 9 regulation loses and TB/NJ 2nd with 16 total losses.

Their +81 goal differential is 38 more than the 2nd place Stars(our opponent tonight)

Hopefully they are peaking too soon.  No way I want to hear about Boston when the weather is warm.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

***** Boston.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The record he broke was from another Bruin from the 1920's...Tiny Thompson...perhaps the funniest goalie name of all time...

Best part of that nickname: Cecil "Tiny" Thompson was 5'10".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.