Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

^ bump 

What are you bumping? Ullmark wanted to go to UFA and sign elsewhere, which he did. No harm no foul. He also plays for a team with a much better defense. Idk why every time Linus Ullmark does anything this board has to talk about it as though he could have done that here. He couldn't have because he wanted to go to another team (again I don't blame him for that). We can blame Adams for not signing him, that's true, but that doesn't go anywhere. We all know they should have signed him, so what's the point. Idk, just seems like a circle of nothingness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

At least we stopped seeing posts of every single good and bad thing Eichel does being on a new team. Eventually the Ullmark info will no longer be “interesting enough“ to post.

That will happen as soon as the Sabres GT situation resolves, just like Eichel has been TNT'd.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What are you bumping? Ullmark wanted to go to UFA and sign elsewhere, which he did. No harm no foul. He also plays for a team with a much better defense. Idk why every time Linus Ullmark does anything this board has to talk about it as though he could have done that here. He couldn't have because he wanted to go to another team (again I don't blame him for that). We can blame Adams for not signing him, that's true, but that doesn't go anywhere. We all know they should have signed him, so what's the point. Idk, just seems like a circle of nothingness. 

This has been discussed ad naseum so I personally don’t feel like doing it again, so I’ll just say that I, and others, have pointed out before that we had several opportunities to sign Ullmark, and to think we had no chance at all when Ullmark literally came to the negotiating table for many months pushes the limits of credibility 

If you see what amounts to a joke (yes, saying “bump” is a joke) as a circle of nothingness, you could just... not respond to said joke about how poor our GT seemed to be yesterday - check the time stamp on the post 

12 hours ago, Zamboni said:

At least we stopped seeing posts of every single good and bad thing Eichel does being on a new team. Eventually the Ullmark info will no longer be “interesting enough“ to post.

As far as I know, I haven’t seen very much Eichel stuff being posted. My contribution was posting a solitary highlight at beginning of the season, after a stream of Eichel crtiticism in the Around the NHL (this) thread, in an effort to get it moved to its own thread so this one wouldn’t get clogged up. It worked, it WAS moved to an appropriate spot and..I haven’t posted an Eichel highlight since. I don’t think anyone has actually.

- - - 

Re: the bold - Forgive me, but I’m going to call this out b/c, 50th time seeing you post something like this is frankly enough, do you ever seek to add value or do you just like to criticize other posts and posters? Actually asking 

Maybe this can get it out of the way: Zamboni, we *know* you’ve never doubted any Sabres player, even the vast masses that never panned out. You’ve never doubted the GM. You are very high minded and never dwell on moves that have happened beyond your control as a talking point. You are a very positive fan and we could all learn from the zealousness of your support.

I only strive to transcend the masses in the way you’ve so elegantly achieved. Please, forgive me the talking points you’ve deemed “uninteresting”.

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

Jack Edwards appears to be in hot water. Fans have been saying that at times he sounds drunk, although he snaps right back to sounding normal and at times he sounds like he can't get the words out. 

https://forums.hfboards.com/threads/is-jack-edwards-ok.2908059/

The other day he made some cracks about Pat Maroon who, now, along with Stamkos, are making donations to an organization that helps the mentally ill in Jack Edwards' name.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/pat-maroon-jack-edwards-comments-mental-health-donation-1.1886473

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Quint said:

Jack Edwards appears to be in hot water. Fans have been saying that at times he sounds drunk, although he snaps right back to sounding normal and at times he sounds like he can't get the words out. 

The other day he made some cracks about Pat Maroon who, now, along with Stamkos, are making donations to an organization that helps the mentally ill in Jack Edwards' name.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/pat-maroon-jack-edwards-comments-mental-health-donation-1.1886473

Weird that you posted this.  Watched the end of the Bruins game last night, and there was a couple of times when Edwards pronunciation of Swayman was out there…way out there…pretty simple name to spit out. 

2 hours ago, Quint said:

People said Ted Darling was drunk on the air; he swore he wasn't.  Turns out he had Pick's disease.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.