Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Kanes on the market this year, yes? As in not needing to trade for him.

Suppose he does want to come to Buffalo. I would try to sign him. Veteran leadership, from the area, not entirely keen on his character and age BUT his talent, even still, is undeniable. 

I wouldn't give him 10 milly a year but I think it's worth a shot. Say for 2-3 years 

3 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Suppose he does want to come to Buffalo. I would try to sign him. Veteran leadership, from the area, not entirely keen on his character and age BUT his talent, even still, is undeniable. 

I wouldn't give him 10 milly a year but I think it's worth a shot. Say for 2-3 years 

This Kane topic comes up 2-3 times a year ever since he was drafted it seems. 

IF he wanted to play for the Sabres …. Ever …. It would have come out of his camp already.

I’d rather have another player. Who? There’s a few.  But I wouldn’t want a player because his mommy squirted him out on sacred Buffalo territory. 

Also, can you imagine if we got him? There would be even more false proclaimations that the Sabres are a small team 😂

Spending assets to acquire Kane is fruitless. The team needs defense and goaltending and he is neither. Also, why anyone thinks he'd be interested in playing for a team that's as bad or worse than the one he's currently on is beyond me. 

If Kane goes anywhere it's to a cup contender closer to the deadline. The only way Buffalo is involved in that is to eat contracts in exchange for assets which, while a topic we constantly bring up, is not something they've done.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Spending assets to acquire Kane is fruitless. The team needs defense and goaltending and he is neither. Also, why anyone thinks he'd be interested in playing for a team that's as bad or worse than the one he's currently on is beyond me. 

If Kane goes anywhere it's to a cup contender closer to the deadline. The only way Buffalo is involved in that is to eat contracts in exchange for assets which, while a topic we constantly bring up, is not something they've done.

Was talking about signing him in free agency tho not a trade 

I would not trade for him 

33 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

IF he wanted to play for the Sabres …. Ever …. It would have come out of his camp already.

I’d rather have another player. Who? There’s a few.  But I wouldn’t want a player because his mommy squirted him out on sacred Buffalo territory. 

Also, can you imagine if we got him? There would be even more false proclaimations that the Sabres are a small team 😂

Say what's on your mind, champ 

19 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Was talking about signing him in free agency tho not a trade 

I would not trade for him 

Money is an asset. I wouldn't be interested in signing him either and if he'd be interested in signing in Buffalo I'd be extremely suspicious that we'd be writing a big early retirement check.

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I don't think that's true. First, he doesn't have to say he wants to play for the Sabres. Why would he? The idea might interest him, but he's going to entertain all options presented to him. Depends what he thinks he has left and if he wants another cup or not too. 

Second, that's exactly the type you want. The one who can visit mommy after every home game cause she did "squirt him out" . He'd give us instant legitimacy, and if he publicly stated repeatedly how much he likes it here other players might start dropping Buffalo from their 10 team no trade clause lists. 

BUT, if we show no signs of turning it around this year, he might not want to join a sinking ship.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't think that's true. First, he doesn't have to say he wants to play for the Sabres. Why would he? The idea might interest him, but he's going to entertain all options presented to him. Depends what he thinks he has left and if he wants another cup or not too. 

Second, that's exactly the type you want. The one who can visit mommy after every home game cause she did "squirt him out" . He'd give us instant legitimacy, and if he publicly stated repeatedly how much he likes it here other players might start dropping Buffalo from their 10 team no trade clause lists. 

BUT, if we show no signs of turning it around this year, he might not want to join a sinking ship.

He could be the guy that unsinks the ship though

8 hours ago, Contempt said:

This team needs to lock it down in their own end. Way too many high quality chances in high danger areas. 

As some may not know I’m a season ticket holder here in Vegas who originally grew up in Buffalo. I still like both teams. I know Sabres fans hate him since he wasn’t the savior that people thought he would be but Jack Eichel has been playing great out here in Vegas. He doesn’t have to be the main guy as this is a solid veteran team. He’s fit right in with this team. Great puck possession guy who is horrible on faceoffs. One of my favorite players was traded for Eichel in Tuch. When he was here in Vegas he’s just a great person and a solid player. Not  superstar material but just a really solid player. 

Edited by SabresBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Is he free? If he's free I'll take him. 

Plays for a much better team, hence why his gaa is best in the league. 

Not sure if Kane would be "free" but should not cost too much seeing how they gave away a pile of young good players already/ This team needs a veteran who can spark and lead the team and Kane would be perfect right about now being a cup winder multiple times

5 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

As some may not know I’m a season ticket holder here in Vegas who originally grew up in Buffalo. I still like both teams. I know Sabres fans hate him since he wasn’t the savior that people thought he would be but Jack Eichel has been playing great out here in Vegas. He doesn’t have to be the main guy as this is a solid veteran team. He’s fit right in with this team. Great puck possession guy who is horrible on faceoffs. One of my favorite players was traded for Eichel in Tuch. When he was here in Vegas he’s just a great person and a solid player. Not  superstar material but just a really solid player. 

Hate to say this but yes JE is playing great there and it is scary to think that he (Jack) might very well be the 2nd ex-Sabre to win the cup and the Conn Smythe trophy too!  

3 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Not sure if Kane would be "free" but should not cost too much seeing how they gave away a pile of young good players already/ This team needs a veteran who can spark and lead the team and Kane would be perfect right about now being a cup winder multiple times

I'll trade them a 4th round pick and our 8th best prospect. If that won't do I will wait until summer when he is a UFA an only costs me money. 

21 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Why does this matter? Someone tell me. Because it gets ***** out on this forum and in the news ad nauseum and it doesn't mean anything. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'll trade them a 4th round pick and our 8th best prospect. If that won't do I will wait until summer when he is a UFA an only costs me money. 

Why does this matter? Someone tell me. Because it gets ***** out on this forum and in the news ad nauseum and it doesn't mean anything. 

See Perraults comment above 

SO think of a scenario where PKane is traded to a contender and then goes on to win the cup this year.  That would give him 4 cups and solidify him as one of the greatest Americans to play the game.  If the the Pegula's and KA say to Kane we want you here for 2 to help put fans in the seats and give you a chance to put the Sabres over the top and win a cup for your home town, I think Kane would come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

SO think of a scenario where PKane is traded to a contender and then goes on to win the cup this year.  That would give him 4 cups and solidify him as one of the greatest Americans to play the game.  If the the Pegula's and KA say to Kane we want you here for 2 to help put fans in the seats and give you a chance to put the Sabres over the top and win a cup for your home town, I think Kane would come.

Love your sweetness Lou, but I don't think Kane would put the Sabres over the top at this point.  Maybe if he plans to play another 5 to 10 years.

• dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.