Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

^ Only 20 skaters on the roster. They'd best hope no one tweaks anything during any warm-ups or road trips in any game because there's no one else to dress.

Pretty sure Toronto has a large enough budget that even if someone gets injured in pregame skate out in Vancouver or LA they can just throw a Marlie on a jet and get them there before puck drop. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Pretty sure Toronto has a large enough budget that even if someone gets injured in pregame skate out in Vancouver or LA they can just throw a Marlie on a jet and get them there before puck drop. 

Because the Sabres are so far from the cap ceiling it's been a very long time since looking closely at how the emergency recall cap exceedences the league put in to keep teams out of the Kings' situation from a few years ago when they were forced to run with a short bench because of their cap being hosed are structured, but the Loafs will face repercussions if they do exceed the cap on an emergency basis.

So, they may be able to fly someone in, but they will have to make additional moves or lose cap the next year (again, haven't looked it it in a long time) to do so.  Hopefully their (cap) stupidity hurts.  It should.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:20 PM, Brawndo said:

This is disturbing on so many levels. I could be wrong, but I feel like she opened her mouth and divulged more than what needed to be said without having proper legal counsel - if any. As much as I despise Gloria Allred’s tactics, even she has a clue of how much she and her clients need to say whenever they level accusations to build their cases - attorney/client privilege notwithstanding. So, if it’s all true, he’s in a world of hurt; but if not, she’s ruined his good name and should be held to account.

Interesting there are people who with their bold predictions think the Red Wings or Senators will make the playoffs, two teams that finished lower than the Sabres in the standings(granted only by 1 and 2 points), but none say the Sabres. I don't see either of those teams being better than us this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bold-predictions-awards-and-stanley-cup-picks-for-the-2022-23-nhl-season-134706116.html

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Interesting there are people who with their bold predictions think the Red Wings or Senators will make the playoffs, two teams that finished lower than the Sabres in the standings(granted only by 1 and 2 points), but none say the Sabres. I don't see either of those teams being better than us this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bold-predictions-awards-and-stanley-cup-picks-for-the-2022-23-nhl-season-134706116.html

I'm fine with that.  Buffalo fans love an underdog.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

They had more winning in the off-season with big names and big spending.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I will believe this when policies and attitudes change.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.