Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Since actual games that count are being played in Germany, it’s time to kick this thread off

Good for him.

Nearly the last pick in 2013 (maybe 2014) and he really worked himself into something.  Top pairing D on a very good team.  

I watched him play in Halifax and thought he had a good future if he worked hard and was given a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

What more would you need to know in order to physically and psychologically evaluate a hockey prospect?  lol

In my working life I don’t think I have met a person raised on a farm who I didn’t like.

They are early for work, strong, have a great work ethic and don’t mind getting dirty. 

These are valued qualities in the world of tradespeople.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

In my working life I don’t think I have met a person raised on a farm who I didn’t like.

They are early for work, strong, have a great work ethic and don’t mind getting dirty. 

These are valued qualities in the world of tradespeople.

These should be valued qualities in ANY workplace. And those who don't value them (and sadly there are many) are the ones with the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

In off-ice news, the Sabrespace News page has a new look and is looking sharp @SDS

Thanks. It was questionable if anyone would notice. 🙂 Do you find the logos helpful?

I'd like to incorporate some additional things, but I have to figure out where they would go.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

With how things are going for hockey Canada right now I have a hard time believing the NHL isn’t going to come in and lay down an example. 

I hope you are right.

54 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wow! Some people just are born to exploit other people. 

If this is true he is in a lot of trouble 

Again, I hope so.

I went through Safesport training a few years back.  In it they discuss how to identify signs of grooming and quite frankly the whole training feels like a guidebook on how to be a sexual predator. Every year I had to do the training it gave me the absolute creeps to even think in those ways.

I'm not going to pass judgment on anyone, that's for some other investigative body to do... but just hearing the term "grooming" makes me sick at this point.

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Innocent until proven guilty. As it should be. For all involved, I hope he’s not guilty.

Why? This woman isn't making herself a target of all the numskulls for funsies. We'll never know entirely what happened, but it's hard to believe there isn't something askew.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MattPie said:

Why? This woman isn't making herself a target of all the numskulls for funsies. We'll never know entirely what happened, but it's hard to believe there isn't something askew.

If that teammate has to testify in court about Ian bragging to him about it, we'll know its true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.