Where are we supposed to feel better about ourselves after moving Eichel if all the threads are being locked

#freejame

1 hour ago, Billssabres33 said:

Like every thread doesn’t go off topic at some point…

There's a difference between a normal development of a thread and a thread no one touched for a month being resurrected to shitpost a player. Again, it's not hard to make a thread if that's what you want. 

• Disagree 1

I was taught a long time ago that in the communication process, the communicator takes the ultimate responsibility for making sure the message is clear. You can't start a message about Jack Eichel's Bust and not expect exactly what came of it. It's on you, LGR. (And, let's be honest, you knew what you were doing. It was fun. One of the better threads of summer. The ending of it  was a nice touch.)

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I was taught a long time ago that in the communication process, the communicator takes the ultimate responsibility for making sure the message is clear. You can't start a message about Jack Eichel's Bust and not expect exactly what came of it. It's on you, LGR. (And, let's be honest, you knew what you were doing. It was fun. One of the better threads of summer. The ending of it  was a nice touch.)

I closed the thread. As my right because I started, don't like it start your own thread. 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, PASabreFan said:

I feel honoured that my wanker comment tipped the scales ...

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I read a comment on a Seattle Kraken board in response to the generally negative comments about their new troll mascot, somebody wrote "at least it's not Jack Eichel" which made my day 🙂

At the risk of hijacking the thread, the Kraken, who are named after a mythical sea creature, chose a troll for their mascot?

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:54 PM, #freejame said:

Where are we supposed to feel better about ourselves after moving Eichel if all the threads are being locked

Right here, man.  Right here.

Meanwhile, in the preseason.... The most Eichel thing ever.  Jack scores two in a losing effort.  This is Jack Eichel in a nutshell:  He's fantastic but his team sucks.

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You mean "assistant to" the generational player.

Some People still eat up the media given term “generational” and then throughout their career hold them to that term even if it was unfairly or prematurely given by the media. Sheep. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

I think Eichel should probably be a little higher than 35, but who knows. Between Buffalo, injury, and a lackluster return last year there's some recency bias and not exactly showcased before that. He's probably a top-10 C in terms of production if he can stay healthy, and if Vegas doesn't implode he'll be on a team that gets more exposure. That always gets players further up the ladder.

Still happy with the trade all things considered.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

ikr? Weird. 

TSN's top 50 NHL players has Eichel way down at 35. That's pretty damn low for the glory boy once touted as "generational". 

As far as locking threads, I'm all for keeping them open. If people want to keep posting the same things over and over, well, then let us.  If the threads have 2 people causing problems, then suspend those people for a few days to calm them down. The only reason I think a thread should be locked is if it is totally out of hand with multiple people just going at each other and getting way off topic (politics for example)

With that said, I think 35th sounds abour right for Eichel now.  Is he capable of having a top 10 single season? Sure. But I don't see him as anywhere close to being a top 10 player.  His 2 best seaons where 18-19 and 19-20. Take only those 2 seasons, and he  wasn't even in the top 10 in scoring among forwards. Let along how many D-men were better 'overall' players than him, and that is over his 2 best seasons.

For his career he is what he is. 47 overall in points since he got in the league. 58th in goals.  Injuries DO matter, but take out his games missed and look at his 'per game' totals and he still is 35th (how about that) in points per game. While he isn't a total trainwreck in his own end, hes also not moving up the list of 'overall' play with his defensive skills.  The forget about points, how many D-men or goalies are better overally players that don't rank above him in points due to D-men usually not getting as many points?

Again, I'm not saying he is awful, and he just may have some top-10-in-the-league scoring seasons in him at times, but until he shows a few of those in a row, I'm comfortable with saying he is close to that 35th area.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.