GDT Penguins at Sabres 1 PM 10/01/22. Sabres.com, NHL Network, WGR

Brawndo

Yeah I thought Quinn was good yesterday. JJ has the wheels, it’ll be interesting to see if Peterka starts the year in Buffalo or Rochester. Either way he will be a Sabre at some point in the season. Every time I see the number 77 out there I get Turgeon flashbacks.

Krebs has two issues right now. He gets knocked around and he will throw pucks in some ill advised spots trying to complete dangerous passes. He needs to get stronger and keep it simple as he matures.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yeah I thought Quinn was good yesterday. JJ has the wheels, it’ll be interesting to see if Peterka starts the year in Buffalo or Rochester. Either way he will be a Sabre at some point in the season. Every time I see the number 77 out there I get Turgeon flashbacks.

Krebs has two issues right now. He gets knocked around and he will throw pucks in some ill advised spots trying to complete dangerous passes. He needs to get stronger and keep it simple as he matures.

Expecting the Sabres keep all 3 of those kids up w/ Hinostroza sliding to 13, but if Vinny is in the top 12 expect Sheahan to be the 13 & probably JJ but possibly Krebs slide to Ra-cha-cha.  (Prior to the prospects challenge would've expected Peterka to start in Ra-cha-cha.)

Though expecting Krebs to start the year in Buffalo, could see them deciding mid-year he needs to slide back down to really focus on not making that pass that doesn't work at this level (which may be counter productive because that pass does work in the A).  Because sending Mittelstadt & Thompson down worked is the only reason we MIGHT see Krebs sent down.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expecting the Sabres keep all 3 of those kids up w/ Hinostroza sliding to 13, but if Vinny is in the top 12 expect Sheahan to be the 13 & probably JJ but possibly Krebs slide to Ra-cha-cha.  (Prior to the prospects challenge would've expected Peterka to start in Ra-cha-cha.)

Though expecting Krebs to start the year in Buffalo, could see them deciding mid-year he needs to slide back down to really focus on not making that pass that doesn't work at this level (which may be counter productive because that pass does work in the A).  Because sending Mittelstadt & Thompson down worked is the only reason we MIGHT see Krebs sent down.

Or Krebs is gone when they introduce Robertson😜

Hinny is just too versatile to keep out of the lineup. His wheels are elite and he works his butt of to make things happen. You can move him up and down the lineup and he won’t hurt you. Seems to be very well liked by his teammates as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Il y a 17 heures, JustOneParade a déclaré :

En regardant Power, j'essaie de comprendre comment décrire son jeu à ce stade. Quelqu'un a dit "calme". Il est très solide en ce moment, mais cela semble sous-estimer son jeu. Il est excellent avec la rondelle lorsqu'il est sous pression. Un excellent passant pour autant que je puisse le dire. Je ne verrai probablement pas les jeux "wow" comme nous le voyons occasionnellement de Dahlin, mais peut certainement contribuer dans la zone offensive. Pourrait-il vraiment être meilleur que Dahlin dans trois ou quatre ans ? Et ironiquement, après les premières comparaisons de Dahlin avec Hedman, pourrait-il en fait être Power qui s'avère être un fac-similé plus proche de Victor Hedman ? L'enfant est tout simplement super impressionnant.

Je pense que Power deviendra plus complet que Dahlin. Power va ressembler à Hedman. Dahlin est plutôt du genre Karlsson mais un peu plus défensif et offensif que lui. 
Selon moi, Dahlin sera un monstre offensif!

je ne peux pas m’imaginer voir jouer Dahlin et Power ensemble. Ça va être hallucinant.

malheureusement, Buffalo n’aura pas assez d’argent pour payer les 2 joueurs à long terme.

• Agree 1

Couldn't find his thread so I'll ask here.........how is "wild eyes" (Comrie) playing for you guys. I wish him all the best. From everything I have heard about him, you couldn't meet a nicer guy.

Another player I'll ask about is Mitts?

Too busy with work/hunting/fishing/mushroom picking/Jets TC to keep up to much.

7 hours ago, tom webster said:

Actually, you are the only one I’ve seen negatively commenting on Quinn. 

That's okay. At one point I was the only one saying Eichel was a crap captain and then I was one of the first, if not the first, to say our only hope forward was to trade Eichel. Among other things. 

I see what I see and I know what I know. I'm quite fine with people disagreeing with me. 

So far (stress that, it's early) in this camp I saw really good things from Savoie and he looks like we got a steal in that draft. His earlier 4th place ranking might prove to be the accurate one. UPL has looked surprisingly good. I think he just might be a gamer that rises to the challenge and more ready than we thought. (maybe, and this is a maybe, he gets a little bored in the AHL and loses his focus, much like they were saying about Shane Wright being bored in junior if you remember that). Power has the poise and smarts of an older more developed player so I don't think we will regret that pick. Those are the most promising things. 

On the negative side I want more from Quinn. I don't think he's ready and won't really impact. I expected Cozens to be better. Still time, but it's not looking as definite as it did. Krebs isn't impressing me at all. The vets I've seen look about the same. Jokiharju might be worse. At this point I see very little that makes me think we will be any better than last year (maybe UPL since goaltending matters a lot). 

You know what I want is someone new lighting it up and getting me excited, even if I know it's just preseason and the guy probably won't do it all year. I want something like the Seattle fans have with Beniers. Maybe next year, with Savoie, but doesn't look like I will get it this year. It's definitely not Quinn or Peterka. 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Did you not see the shots and passes Quinn did yesterday. He's improved in every game this preseason. 

I'm not saying he's awful, just that he's not impressing me. After all the AHL hype and all the talk of we have Quinn and Peterka coming this year that'll change things, I just wanted and expected more. Right now they both look 2-3 years away from being big impact players (if they ever are). 

I want to start winning NOW. 

• Eyeroll 1

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not saying he's awful, just that he's not impressing me. After all the AHL hype and all the talk of we have Quinn and Peterka coming this year that'll change things, I just wanted and expected more. Right now they both look 2-3 years away from being big impact players (if they ever are). 

I want to start winning NOW. 

"Jack Quinn is shining

Jack Quinn has played in three of the Sabres’ four preseason games. In that time, he has led the team in individual expected goals and has more scoring chances than any other Buffalo player. Quinn has a total of 13 shots, two goals (one was on an empty net) and a primary assist. He has been one of Buffalo’s best play drivers every time he’s on the ice."

https://theathletic.com/3647322/2022/10/01/sabres-preseason-jack-quinn-owen-power?source=user-shared-article

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LHSN1965 said:

Je pense que Power deviendra plus complet que Dahlin. Power va ressembler à Hedman. Dahlin est plutôt du genre Karlsson mais un peu plus défensif et offensif que lui. 
Selon moi, Dahlin sera un monstre offensif!

je ne peux pas m’imaginer voir jouer Dahlin et Power ensemble. Ça va être hallucinant.

malheureusement, Buffalo n’aura pas assez d’argent pour payer les 2 joueurs à long terme.

I believe by December, we will see a Dahlin-Power Pairing with 5 minutes left in a game when they are down by a goal. 

With the salary cap projected to go up to 92 Million in 3-4 years, I’m not too worried about paying Two Top Defenseman, the Sharks did it with Karlsson and Burns. 

Also buying out the last one to two years of Skinner’s Contract if necessary isn’t cost prohibitive.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"Jack Quinn is shining

Jack Quinn has played in three of the Sabres’ four preseason games. In that time, he has led the team in individual expected goals and has more scoring chances than any other Buffalo player. Quinn has a total of 13 shots, two goals (one was on an empty net) and a primary assist. He has been one of Buffalo’s best play drivers every time he’s on the ice."

https://theathletic.com/3647322/2022/10/01/sabres-preseason-jack-quinn-owen-power?source=user-shared-article

Something else to remember about Quinn, even if He has a mediocre year that follows His Career Pattern, a year to adjust to a higher level followed by a dominant season. 

First Season in OHL .52 PPG

Second Season in OHL 1.43 PPG

First AHL Season 0.6 PPG

Second AHL Season 1.36 PPG

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I hope fans don't get upset about this year with all the expectations they think will happen.

I still see buffalo regressing to the bottom 5 this year .. this isn't me being negative just see a lot of rookie mistakes but fun hockey 

Absolutely no scenario available to us where we finish Bottom 5 and it’s “fun” hockey. 

Thankfully, we shall not be bottom 5

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Couldn't find his thread so I'll ask here.........how is "wild eyes" (Comrie) playing for you guys. I wish him all the best. From everything I have heard about him, you couldn't meet a nicer guy.

Another player I'll ask about is Mitts?

Too busy with work/hunting/fishing/mushroom picking/Jets TC to keep up to much.

Haven’t seen much of him yet. He had a start behind a poor defence where he played admirably if not great 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I believe by December, we will see a Dahlin-Power Pairing with 5 minutes left in a game when they are down by a goal. 

With the salary cap projected to go up to 92 Million in 3-4 years, I’m not too worried about paying Two Top Defenseman, the Sharks did it with Karlsson and Burns. 

Also buying out the last one to two years of Skinner’s Contract if necessary isn’t cost prohibitive.

Will be shocked if we aren't seeing that by the end of October.  They are the 2 best offensive D-men this team has by a significant margin.

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

As in you want to bet they finish bottom 5? Or you want to bet against that?

Against. They are not finishing bottom 5.

Let's make this easy on @Buffalonill.  Bottom 5 he wins.  Playoffs or top 5 non-playoffs* we win. Everything in between is a push. Sound fair?

(To be clear: Top-5 non-playoff means one of the five best records by point% of teams not qualifying for the playoffs.  Bottom 5 means one of the five worst point% in the league.)

On 10/2/2022 at 7:24 AM, LGR4GM said:

Did you not see the shots and passes Quinn did yesterday. He's improved in every game this preseason. 

It's a Homer thought and false.

Lol, ain't happening. 

What was our bet again, 100 bucks?

So you honestly believe Anderson and UPL will push this team over the top . 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:19 PM, Doohickie said:

More importantly, they won the faceoff, which they did more often than not:

• Krebs 1/2 50%
  • Quinn 1/3 33%
  • Cozens 10/15 66%
  • Hinostroza 2/2 100%
  • Thompson 9/16 56%
  • Asplund 4/10 40%
  • Savoie 5/9 56%

SABRES 32/57 56%

Nice to have the advantage at the faceoff dot, eh?

CC6D62AC-1A53-4D05-904E-16F53BB7F57D.thumb.jpeg.23aaf5305d30ef1f24a232c70bdd7346.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.