GDT Penguins at Sabres 1 PM 10/01/22. Sabres.com, NHL Network, WGR

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to GDT Penguins at Sabres 10/01/22. Sabres.com, WGR
12 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

I don't know many of the players on the Sabres roster today and only 1 Penguin.

3 ex sabres in the pens lineup! To be fair Tokarski, Caggiula and Nylander were all forgettable! 

Yay Sabres

BOO pens.

Also thought there was a 32 thoughts lovechild on the Pens roster, misread the D-man as Marek Friedman 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's difficult to evaluate players in training camp and preseason because there are so many players to work in. But what I can say from what I have seen so far is that Savoie looks like a better prospect than Krebs, much of that favorable view based on Savoie's ability to shoot and Krebs reluctance to. It's likely that Savoie will be sent back to the juniors for developmental reasons. There is no question that Krebs is talented. However, he has not translated that talent to the NHL game yet. Maybe more extensive playing time in Rochester will better prepare him for the NHL? Shoot more please!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, steveoath said:

3 ex sabres in the pens lineup! To be fair Tokarski, Caggiula and Nylander were all forgettable! 

Yay Sabres

BOO pens.

Also thought there was a 32 thoughts lovechild on the Pens roster, misread the D-man as Marek Friedman 

Actually 4, Chad Ruhwedel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Brawndo changed the title to GDT Penguins at Sabres 10/01/22. Sabres.com, NHL Network, WGR
  • Brawndo changed the title to GDT Penguins at Sabres 1 PM 10/01/22. Sabres.com, NHL Network, WGR
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

It's difficult to evaluate players in training camp and preseason because there are so many players to work in. But what I can say from what I have seen so far is that Savoie looks like a better prospect than Krebs, much of that favorable view based on Savoie's ability to shoot and Krebs reluctance to. It's likely that Savoie will be sent back to the juniors for developmental reasons. There is no question that Krebs is talented. However, he has not translated that talent to the NHL game yet. Maybe more extensive playing time in Rochester will better prepare him for the NHL? Shoot more please!

There is no definitive way to rate prospects but it is no great revelation to say Savoie is a “better prospect” than Krebs, this not a shocker.  

Krebs will be good player, give him a chance.  

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Yay Sabres

BOO pens.

Add in Chad Ruhwedel.  None of those 4 would make our lineup today (and maybe not the Pens).  That shows some progress at least.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.