More Roster Moves Multiple Players sent to Rochester; Savoie returned to the WHL

Brawndo

Savoie should go back. Remember he was off all summer with a shoulder injury so he isn’t in the same condition as others that were pushing all summer. Keeping him for 9 games wouldn’t make sense with the roster they have. You don’t want him in your bottom 6.

The Ice have started and will be a powerhouse this year. Let him go have a big season there and I am pretty sure he makes Buffalo next season.

I thought he had some good flashes in the preseason games. He is a future top line player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Kulich making it to the Amerks after saying he had no other plans than playing in Buffalo this season is a pretty cool story line for this season. The fact both Kulich and Kozak made the Amerks because of strong performances at development camp, prospect challenge and training camp is a great message for the team to be sending to other young kids. Especially with Kozak as a 7th round pick getting offered a contract at D+1, showing up strong this summer, and making it to the AHL as a result. You hope players like Mats Lindgren see that and it motivates the hell out of them (side note: he had two assists yesterday in his first game back in the WHL and his team won 4-2).

I'm glad this organization is rewarding hard work and performance where they see it, but not doing so in a manner that rushes development. If this were 4 years ago, I don't think Savoie would be going back to the WHL. He is a great hockey player and looked good on the ice, but he needs another year (or two) before he should be on the NHL roster. Let him develop without rushing it. Lets not have a Casey Mittelstadt repeat.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Kulich making it to the Amerks after saying he had no other plans than playing in Buffalo this season is a pretty cool story line for this season. The fact both Kulich and Kozak made the Amerks because of strong performances at development camp, prospect challenge and training camp is a great message for the team to be sending to other young kids. Especially with Kozak as a 7th round pick getting offered a contract at D+1, showing up strong this summer, and making it to the AHL as a result. You hope players like Mats Lindgren see that and it motivates the hell out of them (side note: he had two assists yesterday in his first game back in the WHL and his team won 4-2).

I'm glad this organization is rewarding hard work and performance where they see it, but not doing so in a manner that rushes development. If this were 4 years ago, I don't think Savoie would be going back to the WHL. He is a great hockey player and looked good on the ice, but he needs another year (or two) before he should be on the NHL roster. Let him develop without rushing it. Lets not have a Casey Mittelstadt repeat.

Expecting those 2 will both make the Amerks, but it is premature to say they have made that squad.  There are several players there now that will be in Cincy or back in Junior within the next 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expecting those 2 will both make the Amerks, but it is premature to say they have made that squad.  There are several players there now that will be in Cincy or back in Junior within the next 2 weeks.

Good point. I should have said the opportunity to make the Amerks instead of going straight back to loan from Buffalo's camp.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's so nice when someone like Savoie doesn't make your team and it's no big deal. Not like Cody Eakin is filing his spot anymore. 

A few of the players that have made the team will be looking over their shoulders as this young crop of talented players improve and push for roster spots. Competition is good 

• Agree 1

I think Peterka could be going down to Roch. I haven't seen much from him during these preseason games. Hinnostroza is making a case for keeping his roster spot. I think Quinn looks pretty good and will probably make the team. Admittedly he's been getting PP time whereas Peterka hasn't, but IMO Quinn's 5v5 play has also been more impressive. I will also add that I haven't really been keeping up on twitter re: actual stuff going on at camp (who looks good in drills and stuff). Perhaps Peterka has been more impressive there.

On a separate note I thought Weissbach looked pretty decent? Seemed like an early cut to me.

16 minutes ago, NAF said:

I think Peterka could be going down to Roch. I haven't seen much from him during these preseason games. Hinnostroza is making a case for keeping his roster spot. I think Quinn looks pretty good and will probably make the team. Admittedly he's been getting PP time whereas Peterka hasn't, but IMO Quinn's 5v5 play has also been more impressive. I will also add that I haven't really been keeping up on twitter re: actual stuff going on at camp (who looks good in drills and stuff). Perhaps Peterka has been more impressive there.

On a separate note I thought Weissbach looked pretty decent? Seemed like an early cut to me.

Hinostroza was never batting for a spot. He was always a lock. Weissbach looked good, but guys in his situation effectively have no chance unless there’s multiple injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The Amerks should be a really interesting team to watch this year. A lot of youth, skill and a good mix of vets.

UPL and Subban should give them solid goaltending all year and Houser is a solid AHL callup if needed.

I expect some struggles out of the gate. The AHL is a very good league, and Kisakov, Rosen, Kulich etc will need time to adjust. But eventually I think they’ll end up very good. I’m general, the divisions seems to have weakened. Utica certainly got worse, Syracuse did very little in the offseason. And I think Rochester got better. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Amerks8796 said:

I expect some struggles out of the gate. The AHL is a very good league, and Kisakov, Rosen, Kulich etc will need time to adjust. But eventually I think they’ll end up very good. I’m general, the divisions seems to have weakened. Utica certainly got worse, Syracuse did very little in the offseason. And I think Rochester got better. 

I agree. It will be fun to watch the development of Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Cederqvist, Kozak etc. I think Weissbach and Rousek will be top end players in the A this season. Not sure what to make of the back end. Depends if Pilut goes down but they seem to have enough minor pros there to cobble together a respectable core.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I agree. It will be fun to watch the development of Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Cederqvist, Kozak etc. I think Weissbach and Rousek will be top end players in the A this season. Not sure what to make of the back end. Depends if Pilut goes down but they seem to have enough minor pros there to cobble together a respectable core.

Davidson just returned from Russia, and is a FA. So is Mark Alt. I’d like to see them bring back either one as depth ideally. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Amerks8796 said:

etc will need time to adjust.

But doesn't every AHL team lose mature prospects and gain new ones that need to adjust every year?

On 10/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, Flashsabre said:

I think Rousek will be an early callup.  I think he looked fantastic during camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.