GDT Preseason: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 9/28/2022, 7pm, Sabres.com and WGR

LGR4GM

So was I the only one on Sabrespace unable to watch last nights feed?

Clicking the button in the Sabres website simply gave me a black screen. Same with the Flyers. Desktop or iPad.

Worked fine for the prospects challenge.

Trying to figure out if there was a locational blackout (I’m in Canada) or a personal issue.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Clicking the button in the Sabres website simply gave me a black screen. Same with the Flyers. Desktop or iPad.

Trying to figure out if there was a locational blackout (I’m in Canada) or a personal issue.

West of the Cascades state-side here. The link on Sabres.com worked here. Now that I think about it, the stream was excellent last night. I don't think I had any lag or audio issues (intermission muting was intentional).

9 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

West of the Cascades state-side here. The link on Sabres.com worked here. Now that I think about it, the stream was excellent last night. I don't think I had any lag or audio issues (intermission muting was intentional).

Thank you.

Any Canadian fans able to watch?

24 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Amerks at Blue Jackets tonight. Nice. Should be a good test.

Yep.  Guess we'll get to see what Comrie's made of.

Of course, he will have the penciled in #6 & #8 D in front of him, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

He'll also have a top 6 W, a 3rd line C/W, & the Sabres top 2 rookies not named Power.

Like said above, guess we'll get to see what Comrie's made of.

Need this one to keep the 104-0 dream alive.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Same issue until I used a VPN  and it worked. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It worked for me but it froze up a lot and I had to keep refreshing it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's impossible to know wtf is going on. The videos on NHL.com never play when I click them. Not on my phone or computer. Just the spinning wheel of death.

But last night clicking the Sabres link forwarded me to the NHL app where it worked on my phone but not on my computer. And get this, when I tried to use Chromecast to put the game on my TV, it caused the feed to stop!

So apparently they only allowed viewing on phones last night away from Buffalo. Again, I'm spitballing here.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Same issue until I used a VPN  and it worked. 

What VPN and set to where? I have Mozilla VPN and it made no difference.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's impossible to know wtf is going on. The videos on NHL.com never play when I click them. Not on my phone or computer. Just the spinning wheel of death.

But last night clicking the Sabres link forwarded me to the NHL app where it worked on my phone but not on my computer. And get this, when I tried to use Chromecast to put the game on my TV, it caused the feed to stop!

So apparently they only allowed viewing on phones last night away from Buffalo. Again, I'm spitballing here.

I was able to watch in Syracuse on my laptop, but I did have to refresh a couple of times. My son in Boston said the video was a bit fuzzy.

7 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I was able to watch in Syracuse on my laptop, but I did have to refresh a couple of times. My son in Boston said the video was a bit fuzzy.

But he got the feed. I'm just north in NH and had to watch on my phone. But it was a clean feed.

Thanks for playing. Enjoy your lovely parting gifts.

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Had to go web to sabres.com had my cookies turned off and could only use it with cellular not wifi... weird

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nord VPN set to USA I’m in Toronto

Edited by Flashsabre

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  Guess we'll get to see what Comrie's made of.

Of course, he will have the penciled in #6 & #8 D in front of him, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

He'll also have a top 6 W, a 3rd line C/W, & the Sabres top 2 rookies not named Power.

Like said above, guess we'll get to see what Comrie's made of.

Need this one to keep the 104-0 dream alive.  😉

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I've been watching from Texas, using McAfee VPN, and so far I've been able to watch everything.  In years past without VPN a lot of these kinds of things were blocked for out of market.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.