NHL Salary Cap Increasing Quicker Then Anticipated?

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No, that is exactly as anticipated.  Until the players finish making up for the overage of the COVID years, the cap goes up $1MM per year.  So next year will be up $1MM again, and then it could go wild after that.

As stated in the Girgensons thread, the cap could go up a lot in the '24-'25 season and almost definitely will be significantly higher in '25-'26.  IF the cap were to go up more than $1MM  next season, it would be going up sooner than expected.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No, that is exactly as anticipated.  Until the players finish making up for the overage of the COVID years, the cap goes up $1MM per year.  So next year will be up $1MM again, and then it could go wild after that.

As stated in the Girgensons thread, the cap could go up a lot in the '24-'25 season and almost definitely will be significantly higher in '25-'26.  IF the cap were to go up more than $1MM  next season, it would be going up sooner than expected.

I’m going to have to find that post were I predicted a $90-$100M cap and people laughed at me.

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Umm, until 2Q22 anytime we had 2 Q's of negative growth it was called a recession.  Call it what you want, but, we're there.

Yep. Money printers have gone brrrr pumping up the markets for years. Now the vacuum cleaners go brrrr, with the Fed sucking up $9 Trillion out of the economy with their QT.

We haven't really had the time to see the impacts of these rate cuts, yet alone the removal of so much money from the economy or so many shocks to the system with our stronger dollar & other currencies collapsing & yet the recession is already here.

Cant wait to see what happens when we start realizing these other impacts that i barely even covered. I really hope i have money to go see the Sabres in future years but it feels we're just as close to guns & butter time. And the more you know/learn the scarier it gets lol.

BILLS, SABRES, just one of you bring it on home once before civilization collapses, PLEASE! 😛

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.