GDT Preseason: Flyers @ Sabres 9/27/2022, 7pm, Sabres.com, WGR

LGR4GM

Flyers roster for tonight. Pregame skate is at 10am for them so I would expect lines then. https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/927-preseason-game-roster-flyers--sabres/c-335815468

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm excited to finally watch a game. Is it really on MSG? I thought it was streaming only?

Maybe I am wrong, let me double check. 

Edited by LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Flyers @ Sabres 9/27/2022, 7:00eastern, MSG?, WGR
  • LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Flyers @ Sabres 9/27/2022, 7:00eastern, Sabres.com, WGR
  • LGR4GM changed the title to GDT Preseason: Flyers @ Sabres 9/27/2022, 7pm, Sabres.com, WGR
15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Let's guess lines!

Skinner - Thompson - Rousek (they will split Tuch out to give another line more veteran presence)

Cederqvist - Savoie - Rosen

Weissbach - Mitts - Tuch

Zemgus - Biro - Olischefski

Muel - Dahlin 

Power - Boosh

Pilut - Joker

Lindgren - Davies

Those are my random guesses at lines. 

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Savoie, Davies and Pilut the rare back-to-back starts.

I would guess they want Savoie to get the experience since he is going back to juniors. Davies they are trying to decide where he fits in the depth order and the same goes for Pilut. Basically who is the first callup, Pilut or Davies?

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would guess they want Savoie to get the experience since he is going back to juniors. Davies they are trying to decide where he fits in the depth order and the same goes for Pilut. Basically who is the first callup, Pilut or Davies?

It’s interesting that their target for #6 hasn’t dressed yet. I wonder if Bryson has a nagging injury?

I think Pilut is going to get a legit look to make this team.

Do you think Davies is a head of Priskie and Clague? I didn’t watch the 1st exhibition game.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s interesting that their target for #6 hasn’t dressed yet. I wonder if Bryson has a nagging injury?

I think Pilut is going to get a legit look to make this team.

Do you think Davies is a head of Priskie and Clague? I didn’t watch the 1st exhibition game.

I only paid attention to parts of that game due to the Bills so idk. RochesterXpat might have a better thought on it. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wouldn't be surprised if when the bullets start flying for real that Krebs is centering that 2nd line.

Knew Granato would have Jokiharju paired with Power but hoping that flips to Lyubushkin sooner than later.  (Presuming both of those RHD play as expected.)

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't be surprised if when the bullets start flying for real that Krebs is centering that 2nd line.

Knew Granato would have Jokiharju paired with Power but hoping that flips to Lyubushkin sooner than later.  (Presuming both of those RHD play as expected.)

NO chance. Mitts or Cozens will be centering the 2nd line (2nd line based on TOI).

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I actually like Okposo with Savoie but wish Mitts was getting time with Tuch. The Muel - Dahlin pairing and the Skinner - Thompson pairing seem set in stone for the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I'd be perfectly happy if that starting 6 is the starting six on opening night.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

NO chance. Mitts or Cozens will be centering the 2nd line (2nd line based on TOI).

Never mind the numbering, Mitts/Krebs/Okposo is a viable middle-six combo.

The bottom 2 lines are nothing I would have ever imagined: 4 key AHLers getting a taste with an NHLer maybe?

Girgs at centre as Donnie teases us again.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'd be perfectly happy if that starting 6 is the starting six on opening night.

Never mind the numbering, Mitts/Krebs/Okposo is a viable middle-six combo.

The bottom 2 lines are nothing I would have ever imagined: 4 key AHLers getting a taste with an NHLer maybe?

Girgs at centre as Donnie teases us again.

Oh you mean in this game specifically. Yes, I would call that the 2nd line. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I actually like Okposo with Savoie but wish Mitts was getting time with Tuch. The Muel - Dahlin pairing and the Skinner - Thompson pairing seem set in stone for the moment. 

Didn't say that would be the 2nd line in October, though it might be.  Not sure if Mittelstadt's line will get 2nd most 5v5 ice time or 3rd most.  But said swap out Krebs for Savoie & that could very well be a line.

And again, the Sabres say Krebs is a C.  Mitts & Granato have both said Mitts might be a W rather than a C.  If Krebs is playing C, he should have a true C on his W to help with the heavy lifting.  Just reading the tea leaves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.