GDT: Preseason Game 1: Buffalo at Washington, 2pm

Marvin

26 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So, no radio broadcast, no tv broadcast, no streaming broadcast.

is that accurate? 

Not sure about Canada, but as @LGR4GM stated, the game will be on NHLN (DTv 215DTat 2PM showing the Capitals broadcast.  It will not be on MSGa1 (DTv 635-1) nor on the Sabres website nor Facebook page.

Are they allowed to dress that many because it’s exhibition, or should we expect 3 (Houser for sure) to sit?

Sova getting a shot would be intriguing. Mersch seems kind of a waste unless it’s a reward type thing.

Hope UPL gets the start. Badly want him to have a great camp and be in the conversation for the NHL.

The defence is #s 7-11 on the depth chart. Let the battle for #7 begin.

Cozens, Krebs and Asplund being asked to lead up front. I like that.

Savoie, Kulich, Peterka, Quinn, Kozak, Murray Rousek all being asked “show us where you fit in” being measured against Sheahan and Hinostroza.

I like this. So much of what Donnie does makes sense.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

On defense I'm more excited to see how Sova stacks up than anyone because the kid really intrigues me after the prospect challenge. I don't think he's some hidden future NHL all-star or anything, but he puts in the work and positions well. He's got some seasoning left, sure; but I think that worst case scenario for him is he ends up playing in the AHL one day. Frankly, that's a pretty good place to be.

• Like (+1) 4

I'm guessing a high scoring game 

1 minute ago, RochesterExpat said:

On defense I'm more excited to see how Sova stacks up than anyone because the kid really intrigues me after the prospect challenge. I don't think he's some hidden future NHL all-star or anything, but he puts in the work and positions well. He's got some seasoning left, sure; but I think that worst case scenario for him is he ends up playing in the AHL one day. Frankly, that's a pretty good place to be.

No clue how good he is, but if Adam's gang is finding NHL talent this way, along with what they seem to be doing in the draft, then wow! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.