2022: NHL 38%     Adams: 27% 

- - - 

2017: NHL 47%      Botterill: 0%

2018: NHL 35%      Botterill: 0%

2019: NHL 32%      Botterill: 17%

You did it 1st, and better.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

It's anything but archaic. Journalists took the word 'lead' and changed it to 'lede' in 1947.

Huh. I'd been given to understand that lede was an auld alternative spelling of lead (harkening to those Old English Shakespeare days when ordinary words were spelled in unfamiliar ways) that journos clung to for their own reasons. Turns out they sorta just invented it?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh. I'd been given to understand that lede was an auld alternative spelling of lead (harkening to those Old English Shakespeare days when ordinary words were spelled in unfamiliar ways) that journos clung to for their own reasons. Turns out they sorta just invented it?

I assume they found it more useful for their specific craft, since lead has about half a billion definitions.

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Obviously some of what I said is tongue in cheek, but what part of Adams statement did I not read correctly? 

Your insinuation was that he was in their ears and interfering, much like Buddy the Elf, "What's your favorite color?".  My reading of the statement is that he's welcome to sit-in and observe on things. There's a big difference in allowing the owner's kids to observe various aspects of sports management, much like an intern might, as opposed to having someone yapping at you all the time and interfering with your day to day work.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Your insinuation was that he was in their ears and interfering, much like Buddy the Elf, "What's your favorite color?".  My reading of the statement is that he's welcome to sit-in and observe on things. There's a big difference in allowing the owner's kids to observe various aspects of sports management, much like an intern might, as opposed to having someone yapping at you all the time and interfering with your day to day work.

If you say so.  

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I’m picturing more of a devil on Pinto’s shoulder than Buddy the Elf.

Animal House Drinking GIF

On 9/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, LabattBlue said:

If you say so.  

Well, I did say so. The question is, was the my reading of your position on this accurate?  Do you believe that someone just sitting there observing is interfering with the job someone is performing?

On 9/23/2022 at 1:37 PM, Weave said:

I’m picturing more of a devil on Pinto’s shoulder than Buddy the Elf.

Animal House Drinking GIF

I can live with that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.