GDT: Our Super Prospects Game! Sabres vs. Ottawa 9/19/22 1:30 PM--Radio BET 1520 am

bob_sauve28

Kozak, Rosen, Cederqvist, Kisakov, Komarov

were all really pleasant surprises. Kozak looks like a 22 year old 2nd round pick. Just so well rounded, Peca is going to love mentoring him all season.

Savoie and Kulich were just what you would expect.  And Savoie impressed me not for his offensive chops but for his dogged work ethic, defensive awareness and positioning, work on the PK and at the dot.  Kulich is a really explosive player, reminds me a ton of Peterka.

Lindgren’s skating is an elite trait. If he can develop the rest of his game under Sutter this year they could have something there.

Best team and tournament so far. Tons of speed and skill on display.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

I saw about 2/3 of this. Sabres the much faster team and Ottawa was worn down by the end. 

Savoie looked good. I know people keep saying Briere, but I'm thinking Martin St. Louis. Very fast and skilled. 

I see potential in Lindgren. On the right development path he could be a surprise. He definitely has good hockey sense and makes good decisions. Cederquist I have high hopes for. He could be a missing piece we need in time. 

There's definitely some potential talent out there. Fingers crossed. 

• Like (+1) 4

So,  is Kisakov to Savoie a glimpse into 2025? Or later?

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The highlight of the game was Jason Karmanos telling Duffer that He spoke too soon when He said that this Upcoming Amerks Season would be a gap year In terms of prospects 

Good interview

Outshot Sens 41-19.

Speed was the key in this game, the Sens just didn’t have the horsepower.

Kozak is a keeper. 3rd line role but led the team in goals. He played both special teams and won a ton of draws. I think he is ready for the pro game, the only thing he will get in the WHL is honing his offense.

Sova is a LHD but the Sabres should get this guy. He plays a solid two way game. He should have a good year in Erie.

Rousek, Rosen and Kulich were great. Rosen has speed and skill and even had a key shot block. Rousek plays a fast and smart game. Kulich looks good at C and played a 200’ game. We didn’t get to see his shot but he was very good in many aspects.

Savoie was good this game. He plays as advertised. He won some draws as well.

Lindgren can really skate and wants to attack. He could score 75 points+ in the WHL this year.

Weissbach was really good on 5v5 and special teams, he will be a big part of the Amerks offense.

I would sign Suchanek as a depth goalie who could develop into something nice. Stu Barnes coaches him in the WHL.

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Outshot Sens 41-19.

Speed was the key in this game, the Sens just didn’t have the horsepower.

Kozak is a keeper. 3rd line role but led the team in goals. He played both special teams and won a ton of draws. I think he is ready for the pro game, the only thing he will get in the WHL is honing his offense.

Sova is a LHD but the Sabres should get this guy. He plays a solid two way game. He should have a good year in Erie.

Rousek, Rosen and Kulich were great. Rosen has speed and skill and even had a key shot block. Rousek plays a fast and smart game. Kulich looks good at C and played a 200’ game. We didn’t get to see his shot but he was very good in many aspects.

Savoie was good this game. He plays as advertised. He won some draws as well.

Lindgren can really skate and wants to attack. He could score 75 points+ in the WHL this year.

Weissbach was really good on 5v5 and special teams, he will be a big part of the Amerks offense.

I would sign Suchanek as a depth goalie who could develop into something nice. Stu Barnes coaches him in the WHL.

We really have not seen Rosen's shot yet either, that's a big part of his game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It is impressive that their 4th and 5th round picks this year formed a really good d pairing at this tournament.

The Sabres ability to find players at all points of the past couple drafts is what has really lifted the pipeline.

The quality of the invitees to this tournament was impressive as well. The scouting dept. has been doing work😀

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It is impressive that their 4th and 5th round picks this year formed a really good d pairing at this tournament.

The Sabres ability to find players at all points of the past couple drafts is what has really lifted the pipeline.

The quality of the invitees to this tournament was impressive as well. The scouting dept. has been doing work😀

This should of been happening years ago. I have always said Buffalo needs to draft and develop. This is what will make this team a contender. Plus u need to hit on guys outside the first round. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

This should of been happening years ago. I have always said Buffalo needs to draft and develop. This is what will make this team a contender. Plus u need to hit on guys outside the first round. 

Like VO and Asplund! 

Just need a few more 

13 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Saw Terry at the game.  Probably made a beeline to the stadium immediately afterwards. 

I have to say this about him…his passion for the Sabres still seems to be intact…even with the Bills playing in primetime the same day. 

Which makes all the random off-season "the Pegulas want to dump the Sabres" garbage seem so incongruous.  Have never gotten that vibe.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

It'll be interesting to see how well they do moving forward now that the world shutting down for covid seems past us & teams will actually have seen next year's draftees at both D-1 & D years rather than just 1 or the other.  Will they still maintain the edge they SEEM to have had since Karamanos came into the fold or will other teams grab what would've been the Sabres late round gems in the 2nd & 3rd rounds where they probably should've been selected?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.