GDT: Prospects, New Jersey v. Buffalo, 7pm on Sabres.com 9/17/2022

PromoTheRobot

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I've always thought part of the issue with Dan (besides the fact that he's not RJ) is the product he's been calling.

Agreed.  RJ was good at dressing up hot trash into something that sounded exciting.  Dan.... just can't.  But now there's more to be excited about.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Agreed.  RJ was good at dressing up hot trash into something that sounded exciting.  Dan.... just can't.  But now there's more to be excited about.

I like turning the volume off when Dan and Rob are on, but couldn't do it for prospect games as I didn't know the players. But neither did Rob and Dan! Sad 

I don't think Dunleavy is bad at his job at all. I think the problem is following in the footsteps of RJ coupled with trying to sell a terrible product for too long. I guess you could argue that not being able to sell a dumpster fire makes him bad at the job, but I don't know how you maintain enthusiasm over an 82 game season (plus his off-ice work) for a team that's just not fun to watch.

I am very hopeful he has his own breakout season this year 🙂

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide...

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.