GDT: Prospects, New Jersey v. Buffalo, 7pm on Sabres.com 9/17/2022

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Glad Rob Ray sees the same thing I do when watching Savoie; he’s always finding open ice because he keeps moving his feet and working his butt off to find it. Impressed with the motor on this kid. 

That was what scouts were raving about and it had him ranked as high as 4th at one point if I remember correctly. The question mark was how would it translate into the NHL because of his size, but his speed and skating was always seen as a strength. A big strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you hear that crowd?

From left to right 
Quinn, Samuelson, Peterka, and UPL

Awesome that they were there. But JFC does seeing that pic make me feel old. Really old.

Thanks for adding the id's @PromoTheRobot. I recognized Muel but thought maybe he brought his neighbor's kids along. JJ looks like he's a 12 year old.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Between the renewed optimism with the team and covid easing to the point many Canadians will consider crossing the border again, I think we will see some nice crowds this year.  

They’ve convinced me to pick up 4 tickets for a game against the panthers in October.  Whole extended family have tickets for when the leafs come to town in Feb also.  Wouldn’t have considered going last year.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I've seen reports that the sale of partial season ticket packages has been very encouraging.

I've also read some reports coming from the organization that sales are dramatically up from last year. On the other hand it may just be a positive spin because the baseline for comparison was last year when the ticket base was low. What would be the best-selling point for buying tickets is a good start to the season. That would increase sales more than any PR campaign. As I and others have stated the Sabres are an entertaining team to watch. Their style of play is fast-paced and leans more toward offensive than defensive hockey. Without question there is an entertainment value for the fans. 

33 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Between the renewed optimism with the team and covid easing to the point many Canadians will consider crossing the border again, I think we will see some nice crowds this year.  

They’ve convinced me to pick up 4 tickets for a game against the panthers in October.  Whole extended family have tickets for when the leafs come to town in Feb also.  Wouldn’t have considered going last year.

I think the biggest problem filling the arena again, is the box office price of tickets. When you have 15k-16k in STH, and you only have a few thousand to sell at high box office prices…not a problem.  When your STH base is 6k-7k(I’m guessing), that is a whole lot of tickets to sell $$$.  

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I think the biggest problem filling the arena again, is the box office price of tickets. When you have 15k-16k in STH, and you only have a few thousand to sell at high box office prices…not a problem.  When your STH base is 6k-7k(I’m guessing), that is a whole lot of tickets to sell $$$.  

Taking a look at how few tix are available for even the Yotes game, expect they are close to where they were w/ STs prior to covid hitting.  Wouldn't be surprised if they're back around 12k STHers.

2 hours ago, NAF said:

How did Rosen look last night? I didn't get a chance to watch. Looks like he scored, but other than that?

Talented. He still lacks the engagement level that really stands out with Savoie and Kulich, but last night was the first time in my watching that it wasn’t a minus for him. 

My impression over six periods was that of kid gradually realizing that he belonged and could assert himself.

Still think he’s an anomaly for this regime’s prospects in terms of assertiveness, and he has long way to go physically, but starting to see why they picked him and gain hope that there is something there Appert can mold.

His speed and hands are unquestionably there. 

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Rosen-Kulich-Rousek line was one of the best lines.  There seems a natural chemistry there.

Definitely this and Rosen wasn’t a passenger in that.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Talented. He still lacks the engagement level that really stands out with Savoie and Kulich, but last night was the first time in my watching that it wasn’t a minus for him. 

My impression over six periods was that of kid gradually realizing that he belonged and could assert himself.

Still think he’s an anomaly for this regime’s prospects in terms of assertiveness, and he has long way to go physically, but starting to see why they picked him and gain hope that there is something there Appert can mold.

His speed and hands are unquestionably there. 

Definitely this and Rosen wasn’t a passenger in that.

I think bringing Rosen over was a great move. Letting Appert, Peca and the crew get a hold of him will do wonders for his development. He is a player with a lot of development runway in front of him. He won’t come in in October and blow the doors off of the AHL, he will probably struggle but as the year goes on I think he will come a long and by the end of the year he will start to take off. It helps a lot that he is now familiar with the Amerks coaching staff and that there will be a big group of talented kids on the Amerks this season that he can fit in with.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think bringing Rosen over was a great move. Letting Appert, Peca and the crew get a hold of him will do wonders for his development. He is a player with a lot of development runway in front of him. He won’t come in in October and blow the doors off of the AHL, he will probably struggle but as the year goes on I think he will come a long and by the end of the year he will start to take off. It helps a lot that he is now familiar with the Amerks coaching staff and that there will be a big group of talented kids on the Amerks this season that he can fit in with.

I'd be surprised if Rosen really did much in the AHL next season. IMO he will have a tough first year but will do better in his second year, much like Quinn.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Canadians not crossing was half the reason attendance tanked

Once they are selling out people will flock to whatever prices 

Are the current border crossings near back to the pre-covid normal? Do Canadians or Americans have to show vaccination documentation to cross the borders? 

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

So, what happened in the game?

Our prospects scored more goals than their prospects.  Shayne Corson’s son acted like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree at the end of the game.  Sabres fans went home happy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.