GDT: Prospects, New Jersey v. Buffalo, 7pm on Sabres.com 9/17/2022

PromoTheRobot

Full barn full of kids and the Sabres put on a fun show.

Everyone looked good tonight. Outside that 5 minute breakdown the Devils really couldn’t play with the Sabres speed and skill.

Sova stood out in a good way many times tonight.  Someone that knows the rules better can chime in but can the Sabres sign Sova to a contract? I know once the season starts he goes back into next year’s draft. For a team that needs some more d prospects he has looked good in d camp and the first 2 games here.

Komarov plays a style that is needed here. For those who are wondering, Konarov’s style is basically what Lybushkin brings to the table. 

Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Cederqvist, Rousek, Weissbach, Kozak are going to be a lot of fun in Rochester.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

What was the final score?

and can some one post video clips of the goals?

7-4.

Devils are dirty, chippy bunch, but Kulich and Savoie both bounced back after cheap shots by scoring. Didn't back off at all.

When people get concerned about the Sabres not having enough size, that's the way you make it not matter.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Glad Rob Ray sees the same thing I do when watching Savoie; he’s always finding open ice because he keeps moving his feet and working his butt off to find it. Impressed with the motor on this kid. 

I never watched Savoie play in full games. All my knowledge of him was from highlight packs or scouting videos that focused on his skill.

watching these two games it has been his work ethic that has impressed me the most. You can see why Adams drafted him because he fits exactly what he wants: high character, fearless, works his tail off all the time. He has seemed solid on face offs and d zone coverage as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I never watched Savoie play in full games. All my knowledge of him was from highlight packs or scouting videos that focused on his skill.

watching these two games it has been his work ethic that has impressed me the most. You can see why Adams drafted him because he fits exactly what he wants: high character, fearless, works his tail off all the time. He has seemed solid on face offs and d zone coverage as well.

Same here when it comes to what I’d seen of him prior to these two games. But I can see what went into those highlight videos; his hard work all over the ice. Players like that, who don’t cheat the game, are rewarded more often than not. I suspect he’s gonna be a pain in the butt to play against and I can’t wait to see him with the big club. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Full barn full of kids and the Sabres put on a fun show.

Everyone looked good tonight. Outside that 5 minute breakdown the Devils really couldn’t play with the Sabres speed and skill.

Sova stood out in a good way many times tonight.  Someone that knows the rules better can chime in but can the Sabres sign Sova to a contract? I know once the season starts he goes back into next year’s draft. For a team that needs some more d prospects he has looked good in d camp and the first 2 games here.

Komarov plays a style that is needed here. For those who are wondering, Konarov’s style is basically what Lybushkin brings to the table. 

Kulich, Rosen, Kisakov, Cederqvist, Rousek, Weissbach, Kozak are going to be a lot of fun in Rochester.

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on it. However, I'm hoping that a full house in this facility is a sign that the fans are interested in this team and are willing to attend the games in greater numbers when the real season starts. Although I can't say for sure that the Sabres will be a playoff team this year, what I can say for sure is that this Granato coached team will be entertaining to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you hear that crowd?

From left to right 
Quinn, Samuelson, Peterka, and UPL

I think this is important as well:  the different "generations" of Sabres are supporting each other.  Cozens has been around a lot, Okie some.  Now for this tourney the "graduates" of the program, so to speak.  There is team building and camaraderie at every level, and it seems sincere. 

I felt that Reinhart didn't need to be part of the purge but maybe Adams felt that once Jack was gone, Sam wouldn't feel like he could be part of that camaraderie.  The makeover was at least as much about personality and character as it was about talent, and Kevyn must have felt that Sam just was too much part of the Jack clique.  The disassembly of the Rotten Core v1 was done haphazardly and without regard for the return.  Rotten Core v2 was dispatched with surgical precision and the return has been building blocks of the New Core.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on it. However, I'm hoping that a full house in this facility is a sign that the fans are interested in this team and are willing to attend the games in greater numbers when the real season starts. Although I can't say for sure that the Sabres will be a playoff team this year, what I can say for sure is that this Granato coached team will be entertaining to watch. 

I've seen reports that the sale of partial season ticket packages has been very encouraging.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That was one chippy game.  

You saw a lot of late drafted and undrafted players trying to get noticed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think this is important as well:  the different "generations" of Sabres are supporting each other.  Cozens has been around a lot, Okie some.  Now for this tourney the "graduates" of the program, so to speak.  There is team building and camaraderie at every level, and it seems sincere. 

I felt that Reinhart didn't need to be part of the purge but maybe Adams felt that once Jack was gone, Sam wouldn't feel like he could be part of that camaraderie.  The makeover was at least as much about personality and character as it was about talent, and Kevyn must have felt that Sam just was too much part of the Jack clique.  The disassembly of the Rotten Core v1 was done haphazardly and without regard for the return.  Rotten Core v2 was dispatched with surgical precision and the return has been building blocks of the New Core.

Maybe Adams, Karmanos, Granato et al know what they’re doing after all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Maybe Adams, Karmanos, Granato et al know what they’re doing after all. 

Oh I think Adams knew precisely what he was doing when he took over.  He was forced to keep Krueger onboard but knew he was going to jettison Jack and dump other members of the core, and knew what kinds of players he wanted in return.  I think he even knew who he wanted as head coach.  It was delayed a year because I think he couldn't persuade the ownership to commit to such major turnover at first, so he honestly tried to make things work with Krueger, Jack, Sam, et al.  But as soon as Krueger was out of the way, as soon as the commitment to trade Jack was made, the wheels were in motion to bring us the team we're seeing today.  If they hit a homerun with Comrie we might see amazing things as soon as this season.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.