GDT: Prospects, Montreal v. Buffalo, 7pm on Sabres.com 9/15/2022

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Kozak and Komarov were 2 who didn't get much talk in the tread who made a good impression for me.

Kozak is someone I have lots of hope for. Very mature game with lots of small area skills to be successful. 

Komarov didn't make a play all night, that I remember, that bothered me. Very solid. 

Some thoughts of mine after attending the game tonight.

-Kozak looked really good. It's funny how similar his game and style (and story) is to Brandon Hagel who we lost bc of our own competence. Kozak looks like the real deal.

-Hope Bloom is okay, he left holding his shoulder. I havn't been much on twitter so i don't know if theres any update on him?

-Never heard of this guy until tonight but Nolan Burke i thought played extremely well. He scored in the first, was constantly providing pressure, nearly connected a pass to Passolt in the second that wouldv'e been a sick play. He was good in every area of the ice.

-He has some growing/developing to do, but i really like Lindgren. At this point it might even sound like bias bc i was really impressed with him at development camp as well. His skating, his vision, his passing, all suburb. Yes he makes mistakes. He tried a long outlet pass that went just got intercepted last second, and unlucky for him, thats when Montreal scored i believe goal #2. Someone in this thread mentioned put "48" on Savoie and it's like watching Briere, i agree, as for Lindgren, it's like watching Shea Theodore. Fun player with a lot of offensive creativity.

-Won't beat the drum on Rosen bc it seems it's been well covered here. I share same opinions. I wasn't impressed in the first but his game got better and better as it went on. Nice block shot at the end. I do wonder if he is gonna play Saturday, he took several heavy hits tonight. I think there was atleast 3 that i wondered if he'll get up and rush to the bench. He didn't, but just on the caution side i wonder if they go easy on him.

Was cool to see Harry Neale in the building tonight. That man loves hockey.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, phil_soisson said:

Razor with the dumbest comment so far:" the ruble isn't worth anything."  59.2 rubles per dollar today, pretty much the same exchange rate as five years ago.  https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=5Y

Actually its worth nothing, because it can't be traded, any value in the economy over there is a fairy tale.   Razor actually made a smart remark.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Actually its worth nothing, because it can't be traded, any value in the economy over there is a fairy tale.   Razor actually made a smart remark.

Yessir.  Any perceived value is completely artificial.

Edited by Eleven

Went to the game. A few notes…

-  Montreal definitely more physical. Cederqvist threw a few nice checks, and 88 had 1 or 2, but other than that not much. 

- Savoie very quiet. 

- I predict Rosen will be back in Europe at the end of his ELC, or even earlier. 

- Both Sabres goalies were decent for being camp invitees. 

- Passolt seemed to catch my eye more than 1 or 2 times.

As far as the HarborCenter goes…

-Leaving the ramp, you are heading from the 4th to the 3rd floor, big overhead sign reads “no right turn”.  I make a left along with several cars in front of me…blocked off dead end. 😡

- Two bathrooms, and the one by the “team officials” box is blocked off.  All they have to do is put a security person by the door to the box and leave corridor open.  Nope…must be treated like royalty.

- Mentioned prior to the game it is great to stand along the glass behind the net. Went down there for the 3rd period, and was told to move by security. I asked if he meant move back a few feet, and said no, can’t stand down here at all.  Why?  He says “I don’t know, they don’t tell me why”.😞

- Packed house, and one of 4 concession areas open, and only 3 people staffing that one.  Looks like Southern Tier also took over the concessions and may have bit off more than they can chew.

Might go back Monday as it is a 1PM  start and should not be as crowded

Edited by LabattBlue

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yessir.  Any perceived value is completely artificial.

"artificial"? A currency "printed" out of thin air, backed by nothing except a promise to pay (debt); that debt currently at about $30 trillion ($90 trillion including contingent liabilities), continually growing and mathematically impossible to ever pay back through economic growth? Now, that is the epitome of artificial.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, phil_soisson said:

"artificial"? A currency "printed" out of thin air, backed by nothing except a promise to pay (debt); that debt currently at about $30 trillion ($90 trillion including contingent liabilities), continually growing and mathematically impossible to ever pay back through economic growth? Now, that is the epitome of artificial.

Our currency is backed by the faith of people. Most people have blind faith in the dollar, that's solid 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But he could have been hurt!  And it could have been Power!

did I do that right, @Curt?

Almost.  You need more exclamation points, and you need to mention the worst case possible outcome, like concussion or something.  That should pretty much cover it.

Honestly, I had a short conversation with someone here a couple days ago about how it wasn’t really worth it for Power to play in this.

Then I turn the 3rd period on and within 5-10 mins watching some non prospect tries to land a big open ice hit on Slafkovsky.  First thing that jumped to my mind was “That’s why Power didn’t need to be in this!”

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

You need more exclamation points, and you need to mention the worst case possible outcome, like concussion or something.

Yeah, I didn't want to project the extra exclamation points as trying to make you sound histrionic and not mentioning the concussion was a clear omission on my part.  I'll try to clean it up next time.

You're right, something bad *could have* happened, but Slafkovsky was fine.  We'll see how Bloom does. 

But at the same time, if you're going to have a real scrimmage between squads from other teams, some of this is to be expected and Slafkovsky is going to have to take a first hit sooner or later.  Probably better to absorb one from some random ECHLer than from a full-grown NHLer.  In Slafkovsky's case, he's hopefully learned something from that.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Almost.  You need more exclamation points, and you need to mention the worst case possible outcome, like concussion or something.  That should pretty much cover it.

Honestly, I had a short conversation with someone here a couple days ago about how it wasn’t really worth it for Power to play in this.

Then I turn the 3rd period on and within 5-10 mins watching some non prospect tries to land a big open ice hit on Slafkovsky.  First thing that jumped to my mind was “That’s why Power didn’t need to be in this!”

Power doesn’t need to be there for other reasons.  He is an NHL rookie and the Sabres have seen him already.  There is no value in 2a thing him dominate in this series.  This is a time to look at other players. 

Any player can get hurt at any time for any number of reasons.  Bloom got hit by his own teammate. 

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Went to the game. A few notes…

-  Montreal definitely more physical. Cederqvist threw a few nice checks, and 88 had 1 or 2, but other than that not much. 

- Savoie very quiet. 

- I predict Rosen will be back in Europe at the end of his ELC, or even earlier. 

- Both Sabres goalies were decent for being camp invitees. 

- Passolt seemed to catch my eye more than 1 or 2 times.

As far as the HarborCenter goes…

-Leaving the ramp, you are heading from the 4th to the 3rd floor, big overhead sign reads “no right turn”.  I make a left along with several cars in front of me…blocked off dead end. 😡

- Two bathrooms, and the one by the “team officials” box is blocked off.  All they have to do is put a security person by the door to the box and leave corridor open.  Nope…must be treated like royalty.

- Mentioned prior to the game it is great to stand along the glass behind the net. Went down there for the 3rd period, and was told to move by security. I asked if he meant move back a few feet, and said no, can’t stand down here at all.  Why?  He says “I don’t know, they don’t tell me why”.😞

- Packed house, and one of 4 concession areas open, and only 3 people staffing that one.  Looks like Southern Tier also took over the concessions and may have bit off more than they can chew.

Might go back Monday as it is a 1PM  start and should not be as crowded

I disagree about Savoie being very quiet and Rosen being back in Europe. Both had good showings last night for what it’s worth in a summer prospects game.

Maybe I watched a different game.....was not impressed with Rosen or Kisakov.  Rosen was the better of the two but both of these guys are perimeter players. Moving them to Rochester and having them play on the smaller surface against men is a mistake in my books. You are inviting injury as both are under 160 would be my guess.

On the other hand, Savoie and Kozak looked solid.  They are also smallish but their attitudes are different and play like a dog on a bone. I think of all th enew blood they stood out the most.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.